softnotes

DZ Idiots

Ok, I am going to vent a little.

Right, this weekend I made a classic mistake and misjudged a landing somewhat. Now, I am a cautious jumper, NEVER do hook or radical low turns, and land pretty accurately. The chief instructor at the DZ is a very safety conscious person, and has never made any negative comments about my canopy control skills.

There was a lot of turbulence rolling over the hangars, and a bit of sink at the last moment had me eating dirt like it is going out of fashion.:$

Well, I am REALLY happy to say that I got up with nothing more than a bruised ego and some grass-stains.

On the way there one of the DZ operators shouts over from a crowd of mates and impressionables "you were looking for that all day".

Now, this dude is like a big skygod (and I am using it in the most negative way), with the attitude to match. He's possibly much more current (although I have never seen him jump anything but a tandem rig) than I am, and better known than me at this particular DZ.

Obviously to everyone looking/listening I am now guilty as charged and my credibility sentenced to death.

Good on you wanker! I'll now be spending my money elsewhere and I hope you get a bunch of haemorrhoids to match that arsehole you call a personality.

....and now I feel much better :)
Blue Skies
SoftNotes
"That's not flying.... that's falling with style!"

I hear you.

We all fall over sometimes. When I do, it's usually when I have been looking for it all day, pushing my own personal limits on a post AFF swoop, once in every 200 dives, or about twice a year. Usually when this happens, I get a major cheer and clapping from the entire DZ. At first this used to truely upset me. Later, I would simply get up, grin, bow to the masses, wave like the Queen, and carry on, enjoying the joviality I'd created.

Why the change? I realised that EVERYONE was watching every landing I ever did. And that can't be too negative, can it?

Laugh it off. Life's too short to worry about assholes anyway!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

So, if I land on all fours and you all are barking at me, does that mean I just wait out in the landing area till someone comes out and does it "doggy" style with me:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Don't take it too hard. Just laugh it off. If you can't laugh at yourself, then it only make it more fun for others to torment you. Remember - everyone bites it no matter how many jumps they have. I saw a few very experienced jumpers slide in on their bums this past weekend. Because they weren't hurt, except for their egos, we pointed and laughed. It's all out of love. :)
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

So, if I land on all fours and you all are barking at me, does that mean I just wait out in the landing area till someone comes out and does it "doggy" style with me:ph34r:

And if someone is out there taking landing pics and trips you is it the same?:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Why the change? I realised that EVERYONE was watching every landing I ever did. And that can't be too negative, can it?

That's a very lemonade way of putting it - I'll definitely remember that the next time I landed less-than-gracefully. :)
At my DZ landing funky just means you're going to be on next quarter's video.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

So, if I land on all fours and you all are barking at me, does that mean I just wait out in the landing area till someone comes out and does it "doggy" style with me
-----------------------------------------------------------

Mary, I think I love you:P

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Remind me to make sure you are on the same loads with me, and I land before you.

Nope.

But not _Just_ nope -

HELL NOPE!:)(sticks foot out)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

hey at least you didnt land in a ditch on your first jump off of AFF, at a boogie, with loads of people just laughing at you.......

.... ok so i laughed it off and landed the next one just fine.....
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

You be nice, remember what happened when you jumped with me out at Huston? Want me to do that to you again?!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

You be nice, remember what happened when you jumped with me out at Huston? Want me to do that to you again?!

That weas one of the best rides I've ever had - and that includes the spinning line twists this weekend.:P

You can do anything you want to me. :o

[Ties shoelaces together>:(]

You can do anything you want to me.

:)Any thing?

That's where I would start, but not letting you know where I would go from there:)

You can do anything you want to me.

:)Any thing?

That's where I would start, but not letting you know where I would go from there:)

Why do I feel nervous all-of-a-sudden?

Hey, dont get mad....get even....

Just bide your time... video some of his landings... they cann't ALL be ace... when he fucks one up ... poster print his ass - all over the DZ..

If you enjoy that DZ otherwise. dont let one wanker push you out!

Blue Ones..

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome