cocheese

Speeding to the dz ?

How many of you can't seem to go the speed limit on the way to the dz ? Everyone's a moron!
Then it's always no hurry on the way home. People can do no wrong. Life is good.

Note to self : get Doctor's excuse/ prescription to skydive. Gov't assistance for "Therapy"

Of course it's hard to not speed, of course I can never seem to obey the speed limit if I'm skydiving or not but that's besides the point! I think after all that adrenaline and the rush everytime you go, there is just nothing left to push you to do anything crazy on the way home! B|

You'll never find me Jew gold!

of course we all do...
but I believe this thread belongs to talk back...

I couldn't decide which one to put the post in. Because I'm in the "everyone's a moron" mode. If i put it in talk back, someon would say it belongs in skydiving. anyway it's a post about what skydiving can do your throttle and atittude. I'll go away.

I never seem to speed much going to the DZ, but on the way back I generally seem to have my head in the clouds and forget that I a driving at times. I have caught myself speeding a few times on the way home. Guess the excitement just doesn't wear off that quickly.

No kidding, sometimes when I'm heading back I even forget I'm driving and all of a sudden I realize that I'm headed for the ditch, luckily I catch myself before that happens, of course maybe it's just cause I space out all the time anyway! ;)

You'll never find me Jew gold!

I drive 2 hours on the way to my DZ, I drive 2 hours and 20 minutes on the way back! There is 1 certain spot about 3 miles from the DZ where you can see the canopies on thier way down if there is any. When I get to that spot and if I see skydivers it makes me wanna shove the traffic out of my way with my truck so I can get on the next load. (which never happens).:D

I know Im new to diving ( 2 jumps), but I did my first aff the other day.. it took me an hour to get to the dz, but on the way home it took me 44 minutes, as I found myself flying down the highway.. Im not sure if it was the adrenaline or natural high or whatever, but as fast as the car was going, it didnt seem fast enough (wasnt driving reckless, dont worry) Im addicted to the speed of free fall now!

"When once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." ~da Vinci

Here is my record:

I got 7 traffic tickets in 3 years before I started to jump (4 of them were speeding tickets) and 0 since I got my A lisence 19 month ago. Speeding is unsafe and expensive ;) plus, in my opinion, most of the people who drive very fast are not skilled drivers.

the DZ I jump at is 3hrs drive away...so far i've been done for speeding twice on the way too/from the DZ (in very rural areas, same friggin cop each time) & got a roadside camera ticket once (on the way to a gear store) :S:ph34r:

not proud of it (gotta keep it down from now on or bye bye licence for 3 months B| ) but it does make ya think that speeding & skydiving are kinda related lol

Russ

Personally I knew two skydivers killed in accidents for this very reason. As Bobbie Smith used to say, "slow is smooth....fast is slow." May he rest in peace.

That's sad. Thanks for sharing. I'll try to keep the speed down til i get in the air. I can miss a load to avoid cops and funerals. Be safe everyone.

Sometimes I actually run the whole 75 yards from my place to manifest...

Awe man. O.k. then. Be careful running to manifest.
Running is dangerous. Guess you can't say "traffic was bad" when you're runnin late. Yes It's great to wake up at the dz. "1st load is on a 20 min call .." sounds like a bird singing in the morning saying" c'mon get up and fly with me. Damn i need a jump.

I have gotten 1 ticket on the way to the DZ. The funny story about it was that I and both of my roommates all got speeding tickets within a week of each other. Mine was the most over the limit-but the lowest fine...go figure!

"Let the misinterpretation and attacks begin."

I damn near got a high speed driving award from the MO highway patrol on my way to the DZ this morning.

82 in a 60. When the trooper aske why I was going so fast I told him that I was just visualizing my next skydive and he let me go. Told me to slow down and arrive in one piece. At least you can get there in one piece LOL.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan