mardigrasbob

Ug boots

What is up with the ug boots!?
I just saw an old man in shorts wearing ug boots.
They're ugly enough on women, even hotties.
Do people just run out and buy shit because they think it's cool? Handbags that cost as much as a Harley are bad enough, but what is up with these ugly ass boots?

--------------------

You can blame Pamela Anderson for popularising them in the States,
That bitch, saw them in Oz and thought that they looked cool.

The only people that wear them in public in Oz are Bogans, & Westies, :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The only people that wear them in public in Oz are Bogans, & Westies, :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

"Bogans" and "Westies"???
Can we get an Australian-to-American translation?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hmmm he closest I can think of is an Urban Redneck
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hmmm he closest I can think of is an Urban Redneck

When I spent about 18 months in Fort Worth TX, I was fortunate to have a long-time native take me aside and explain a couple terms:

"Shit-Kicker": A multi-generational Texan who really works on a ranch, i.e. a actual "cowboy".

"Goat-Roper": Someone who had only recently moved into TX, and ATTEMPTED to be a Shit-Kicker, by emulating their dress and mannerisms, but never quite got it right.

So would the latter definition apply to Bogans & Westies?
(And are these terms synonyms, or do they mean something a bit different?)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

A lad from down under was being interviewed on the radio here and the topic of those boots came up, he wasn't very generous.

Does Bogans & westies mean whores and hobos? This would be more along the lines of what the interviewee was talking about.

A lad from down under was being interviewed on the radio here and the topic of those boots came up, he wasn't very generous.

Does Bogans & westies mean whores and hobos? This would be more along the lines of what the interviewee was talking about.

No not realy Bogans and Westies mean the same things, for different states, in Western Oz they call then Bogans in New South Wales they're called Westies.
Typically a Bogan/Westy lives in the outer Suburbs, comes from a lower working class background (so do I) and thinks of nothing more that football and V8 cars. They think AC/DC or Gods and wear mullet haircuts.
They can be identified by their, hair, check flanellette shirts, Tight legged BLACK jeans and Ugg boots.
They also ussually have a few missing teeth.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

(To any westy or Bogan reading this J/K):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?