cocheese

We're you ever a whuffo ?

my mother caught me jumping off the roof of our duplex at Eglin AFB with a military cargo pilotchute at something like 8 years old. It was my 2rd jump, Mitchell had already made 4. I'm honestly suprised it took me as long as it did to try it again.

I was warned that my trampoline would be taken away if i was caught jumping from the roof to it once more. Was warned again for encouraging my younger brother to do so. It was finally confiscated when i made a jump from the trampoline up to the roof:P Ahhh...good timesB|

woa....that was cool....

Hell yeah, I was! I always thought people who jumped out of planes were mad, until I decided to try it, once.

That once turned into a weekly thing. When I met my friends after my first (tandem) jump and they told me that I could actually be taught how to skydive I thought that was the coolest thing. I think I must have been living with my head in the sand because I had no idea people did this for fun other than the odd tandem now and then! Best thing I ever did, by far.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

Aggie Dave - ROCK ON!!!

I did a similar thing with a tarp and some garden hose (it was poor design). My buddies suckered me into jumping off of a bridge into the yucky river below. The first one hurt. So, I did it again.

B|

topher
"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

I made my first Parachute from a huge garbage bag when I was a kid. I used to jump of the top of the steps.

I don't want to mention how many umbrellas I messed up.

Never a Whuffo
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

When I was younger, I always wanted to experience that feeling of falling. I remember jumping off chairs or swings and wishing there was no ground there so I could keep falling. Then one day I made a jump....The ground is still there though..;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

Seeing how I got in trouble when I was 8-ish for jumping off the roof with my backpack and a hefty bag...nope, never a whuffo.B|

Yep - Went through 3 Golf Umbrellas in one afternoon.
And then the sheet from the parents king size bed - hey - it worked pretty well.

but then again - it was only 16 feet.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Nowhere to be found.

Toys 'R' Us does carry a 12" GI Joe dude with a parachute. It's a pretty cool toy. I spent a couple of hours throwing one off my buddies house recently.

There's nothing like two guys in their late twenties playing with a GI Joe paratrooper for 2 hours. It just makes your heart sing.

- topher
"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

i can honestly say no, i grew up on a dz, so i was always around skydiving. and it always made sense to me to jump:)
later

Didnt make any jumps till I was 24 years old but I always wanted to.
Wished I was a bird and wanted to fly from my earliest memories.
I never wondered why you would do such a thing.

So the answer is no, I was never a whuffo.
__

My mighty steed

At least I wasn't the only one....I went on a scouting canoe trip where there was a ~30' cliff into the river and everyone would jump in (most went off the 15' ledge). I took one of the garbage bags we had and did a BASE jump! I wonder if anyone got that on film...

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

Okay, so what about jumping off the roof into the pool with a towel or bedsheet. . .I used to do this when I was a kid and I would lead my brothers to do it as well. . .course, they got in trouble because they were always getting hurt and breaking things. . .lol!

And go figure, I am the only one who jumps out of planes.:S
FGF #6
Darcy

Oh yeah, I was the most annoying whuffo ever.
I only showed up at the dz cause my friends were going and they told me there was lots of beer there.

"Why would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane? You guys are all crazy. And stupid. I would NEVER EVER jump out of a plane. I mean thanks for the beer and all but what is wrong with you people????? What if your parachute doesn't open?"

The whole idea just seemed a lot saner after talking to actual jumpers and finding out what it was all about:P