Gawain

Should Guys Know Certain Things?

I was joking with a trainer this morning when I was leaving the gym. As he pulled up in his Infiniti G35, I observed an automatic transmission. He's a young fella, affluent, well spoken, etc. So, I ribbed him a little, "You know, you can get this car with a 6-speed."

He said, "I don't like manual transmissions. I get bored with them."

I said, (just to be sly and add an angle to the conversation) "How do you feel about barbeques?"

He said, "I don't know, I don't have one or know how to use one."

I ribbed, "Okay, hand me your 'Guy Card'. You're banned from using a TV remote and must report weekly to Lowe's or Home Depot to look at tools, charcoal-only barbeques."

Then I started thinking, even certain things I don't know much about (like guns) still interest me as a guy. I'm drawn to them. Guns, cars, tools (even though I'm not too skilled), etc...you know, "Guy stuff".

So, should guys know certain things, just by being guys?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Hey I dont' like guns and I'm a guy. I liek cars, bbq's and boobies does that count? I never grew up around guns so I just never felt comfortable around them. My first experience with a gun was at a buddies house when he was playing around with his 45 and tells his roommate to go grab 2 phone books and they're gonna do the trust test. He held up the 2 books and he shot him.

He laid there on the floor, I got up and left. They were fucking with me, firing blanks. I still didn't think it was funny though cause I had never been exposed to guns and won't have known any differently if 2 phone books could stop a 45 or not at 10 yards.

Now computers and cars etc I can tell ya anything about;)
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Guys should be able to grill a steak, they should be able to work on their cars/trucks (atleast beable to change tires, change oil, and do minor repairs/mods like welding up a new exhaust system).

Guys should know how to shoot, they should be able to drive a stick.

Guys do not have to know anything about interior design, beyond mounted game on the wall and cinderblock/plank wood shelves.

A guys should be able to do basic carprenty, basic plumbing and basic home repair.

A guy should be able to weld and work with metal to a point.

A guy should be a guy!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Weak men who can't change a tire or jump start a car should be removed from the gene pool!

Really? So let's turn the tables....I can change a tire, change my oil and know how to use jumper cables. Do I have to give up my female card?;)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

Every guy should have at least one tool boxfull of tools, and know how to use them.

Gotta know how to play baseball and ride a dirt bike.

He should know how to drive in snow without a bunch of chains and stuff, too. If he doesn't, he should pull over so I can pass him.:D

Absolutly, and be able to carry at lease fifty pounds

50lbs? Fuck 50lbs!

It should be atleast 100lbs!

I have to agree with that. If a man can't lift me up at my weight (97 lbs.), which I've noticed that even my female friends can easily do, then something is very, very wrong...:ph34r:

Every guy should have at least one tool boxfull of tools, and know how to use them.

A guy should be able to make anything happen with a crescent wrench, a phillips screwdriver, hammer, knife and pliers that he could with a box full of tools.

Just the box full of tools makes it faster... ;)

If a man can't lift me up at my weight (97 lbs.),

Bwaahahahahahaa

Fucking wimps!

I'd say the average guy should beable to bicept curl atleast 100lbs for reps.

I prefer 12oz curls. It amazes me when a grown man can't carry his end of a load, or doesn't pos. from neg. Young men should trained in all facets of manhood including mechanics, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, outdoor skills, drunkeness, and most important: women(cunnilingus, toilet set, does my ass look fat?, etc.

www.sexuality.org/l/incoming/acunn.html
----------

Marry Me!

LMAO!! You're only asking because you want someone to change your flat so you don't have to get dirty.;)

I LOVE to get dirty! ;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Guns, cars, tools ...etc...you know, "Guy stuff".

YES YES YES.

Case in point, Sunday, report to the dropzone with welder, cutting torch and hand tools. Build cooler stand for rigging loft. NO PROBLEM.B|

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

My DZ, or yours? :)

Hmmmm......that would depend on how big your.................plane is!;)

Hey, size isn't everything! How fast it can get up to altitude is important, too! [:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.