Brains

Would you take a nonskydiving S.O. to the WFFC??

Hey, make sure to bring plenty of those girly t-shits. I'll be stopping in at the booth with my CC:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Flyangel jumping up and down, waving hands and arms in the air, shouting

I know, I know........:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hell yea I'd take her! She'd be seriously pissed off if I went alone to the DZ, and definitely if I went to a boogie! Two points first though, why it's not techncally the same in my case;

1- I've yet to go to WFFC, so "RB initiation" and "altar", whatever they are may affect the situation, but I doubt it, boogies are boogies, DZs are DZs and skydiving traditions are numerous and yet similar all over.

2- She doesn't jump ... anymore. A few static lines, then a few AFF jumps a few years later. Will probably never jump again. Not so sure of her 'whuffo' status.

Nevertheless ... how much time do we actually spend off the ground? At boogies, the rest of the time usually comprises of:

- Meeting others with a common interest. Ok a true whuffo may not 'get' it all, but why not still chat? If they're interested, it doesn't take much to learn at least some skydiving small talk from a skydiver once they get started talking about skydiving ;)
- Partying. Need I say more?
- Escaping. No matter how much you've jumped or not, a boogie is certainly not a place where everyday worries are given much thought.
- Packing. "Hmm, I could do that for five bucks while he plays"
- Inexpensive relaxation.
- Sleeping. ...with a boyfriend who gets into bed with a big, fat grin on his face every night.
- Being with the coolest bunch of people to be with. B|
- Tanning. I nice side-effect of good jumping weather is the healthy tan, s'pecially if you live somewhere cold.

If she's been to a boogie, or had a briefing from you :P, and knows what to expect ...

... maybe I've just got too much time on my hands :S

- Citizen of the World -

My buddy and I took our wives to Rantoul in 2002. Rented a big ass motor home and thought everything would be nice, but it didn't work out that way. We both got yelled at for staying out late partying EVERY night ( imagine that :S ). My wife's OK with going to the DZ for an afternoon, but 10 days, forget it.

2003 I went alone with a tent, woke up drunk one morning in someone elses car, slept in Mullins' tent so I wouldn't miss my HALO jump, and pretty much did whatever, whenever I wanted. WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

But if your going to bring them be sure you get them there own golf cart!

BTW, this year I'm going alone with my tent again.

Ok, let me answer this from a whuffo status. Yup, that's me WHUFFO. Only I know whuffo. I have been doing the WFFC every year since 1997. Talked my hubby into learning to skydive (yea, that was hard...) he started jumping for real in 2003. I have spent more hours at the WFFC than everyone here who responded so far, put together. Spent ONE HUNDRED DAYS working on it in 2001, looking for a new home for us. I will spend about 30 to 35 days this year.
Some whuffos get it. Maybe yours is one of them. If so, bring her to me, I need LOTS AND LOTS of help. It takes about 180 to 300 volunteers per event to put this on. That's one of the main reasons that no one else does it.
I will continue to take my vacation to work at the Convention every year for as long as Don will have me. There is nothing like it, but I am a 'free spirit- flower child' and don't get squeemish when a naked person asks me for directions, or throws her arms around my husband. If he gets to cop a feel, all the better! I like to see him have a good time, and I know that he ALWAYS will at the Convention. Use some judgement. Is she that open? If so BRING HER! If close, Bring her for a weekend. If not, leave her at HOME!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Oh HELL NO. B|

It'd be "come on baby I wanna spend time with you" during the day and "they're doing WHAT in those tents?!?" at night.....

Now if she was a skydiver, that'd be different. ;)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.