packerboy

Price to ask for rig.

I'm selling my rig. It's a VIII DOM 1997 with a Sabre 1 135 and a Raven 150.

Both canopies are in excellent shape, 500 jumps on main.. no damage. Main is not ugly (Hey, it does make a difference!) Neither is rig. Black and grey, rig has maybe 1000 jumps on it, excellent shape as well.

What is a reasonable price to ask? I have been offered $1350 CDN by a local jumper.. should I jump on it? This guy is interested in rig only and will try to turn over the canopies.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Assuming the rig is as you described you are probably looking at Approx $500 USD for each part so the value might be realistically a little higher then the offer... There is a V3 with a Raven reserve in the Classified's for $1400 now that is a couple of years older from '95 and a Talon with a Raven 150 a couple years newer for $1500, both with out mains....

But that said the only thing that matters is if the price your willing to let it all go for is at that price... From what you noted though, it seems that a little more might be fair as well but I can't say based on not seeing the set up... My guess is $1500USD would be fair.. but your only talking about a $150 difference and a firm offer.... Split the diff and go with $1425...

Just my $0.02

Scott C
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"