FallloutboyDAoC

Eating and skydiving

Don't try anything different that might upset your stomach. No energy drinks, and not alot of caffeine. Drink lots of water and get some sleep it will be draining on your body physically and emotionally.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

i start my aff tomorrow, and the weather is supposed to be great so i'll have my first jump tomorrow too.

Is there anything in particular i should eat, or SHOULDN'T eat the day before? Or for breakfast/lunch tomorrow?

Having dealt with the same question hundreds of times over the years as a (former, thank goodness) DZO, this advise seemed to get good results across the board:

Eat normally but don't stuff yourself, don't skip breakfast on any day of jumping, and hydrate++. Oh yeah, don't eat anything that will make you hated in the aircraft.B|
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

DON"T DRINK THE NIGHT BEFORE!!! Jumping hungover is about the worse experience i have ever had. +++ to the hydrate comments. I was having just TERRIBLE headaches when I started jumping and it ended up being de-hydration. Once i started drinking alot of liquids the night before and day of jumping it went away.

No problem with dairy products or coffee if you're used to them. Bottles of water, fruit, nuts and raw carrots are great to bring to the DZ to snack on between jumps, but see if you get time for some real food too. it's easy to forget to eat when you're focused jumping.

Eating and drinking is generally a good idea, whatever activity you're doing.

;)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

We have Bar-B-Q's and jump so I'd say it's all up to you and what you feel good with. Our DZ owner makes every body eat, and I hate hot dogs!
I was worried about getting sick at first but I never.
"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

I'm a diabetic not a doctor but I do seem to see a huge metabolic increase with the adrenaline related stresses of skydiving. For me that means carefully monitoring blood sugars along with taking less insulin.

From this and the basics I know of nutrition I would say that eating a quality well balanced diet is essential. Consider it an athletic activity and athletes should eat properly.

This probably means ensuring you get your complex carbs (not that sugary breakfast cereal) and proteins. This ensures that you get a consistent supply of energy rather than getting a good hard boost first thing in the morning and then running on empty the rest of the day.

Someone in the medical field can probably better explain it since my experience is just with knowing how my blood sugars react.

-Michael