freeflygoddess

prepaid legal

but it's a total pyramid dealy

Pyramids are illegal.. Again a false statement.. Do you know where the term pyramid came from?

Maybe you are the one who needs to read up.

I took this from the U.S Securities and Exchange Commision website

In the classic "pyramid" scheme, participants attempt to make money solely by recruiting new participants into the program. The hallmark of these schemes is the promise of sky-high returns in a short period of time for doing nothing other than handing over your money and getting others to do the same.

3 people ( 2 i know personally and one came to my door ) have tried to get me to join the PrePaid legal team, so I can get people to join, so they can get people to join, and etc. How do you 'join'? You pay around $300. Then you have to go door to door ( or where ever you want ) and sell the actually pre-paid legal service to people AND you have to try to get other people to join to do what you do and it will also cost them around $300. Otheriwse you make no money.

If you are telling me that is not a pyramid, then you need to pull your head out of your ass.

Maybe pre-paid legal services is a legitimate business, maybe it isnt, REGARDLESS, they are using the pyramid technique whether you like it or want to admit it.

Maybe you are the one who needs to read up.

I took this from the U.S Securities and Exchange Commision website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the classic "pyramid" scheme, participants attempt to make money solely by recruiting new participants into the program. The hallmark of these schemes is the promise of sky-high returns in a short period of time for doing nothing other than handing over your money and getting others to do the same.

k.. That doesn't mean ppl is a pyramid.. And you don't make money by solely recruiting people. Their are 2 aspects to the business. One is MLM and one is group marketing to businesses as a payroll deduction. An example would be the entire state of LA has ppl as a payroll deduction.

If you are telling me that is not a pyramid, then you need to pull your head out of your ass.

It isn't a pyramid.. Pyramids are illegal.. PPD is a Top traded stock on the NYSE. Money magazine did an article of the top stocks of the decade. PPD was 13th ahead of Microsoft that was 17th.. No pyramid is on the NYSE I assure you. Your response to something you don't understand is typical.

I assure you my head is not in my ass... I'm not nearly that flexible :P

You pay around $300. Then you have to go door to door ( or where ever you want ) and sell the actually pre-paid legal service to people AND you have to try to get other people to join to do what you do and it will also cost them around $300. Otheriwse you make no money.

It's currently $249.. And I don't know anyone that has ever gone door to door with ppl. You don't HAVE to do anything. If you want to make money as an associate you sell memberships.. If you want to build a productive sales force and make money off of their production you can do that as well. Insurance companies have done it for decades. Look at your insurance companies payment structure and you might be enlightened.

The "pyramid technique" you refer to is a common response.. Look at the company you work for? Look at the structure of employees. Look at the government? Military rank structure..

Free enterprise, MLM types of business and entrepreneurships is what this country was founded on.. If you have a problem with someone making money off of you quit your job,. If you don't you are a hypocrite.

97% of the people in this country work for someone else.. 2% are millionaires and live off of the interest and the other 1% employ the 97%. They understand a simple concept. OPE, other people’s effort.

Building a mlm business is no different than starting a corporation other than the fact that you don't have employees, or overhead, and when you train someone it won't get you fired instead it gets you paid.

Rhino

hey goddess,

I have had prepaid legal for over three years now. I have used them for my will, to review a lease on cars and apartments, and we are currently using them for a worker's compensation case.

It is well worth being a part of. Kinda like legal insurance. The only problem you might have is if you go to court against soemone who is also a member then they cannot represent either of you but they find good lawyers for each of you to use.

There have been some negative stories floating around about Prepaid Legal. And not just from my coworkers. Often, the attorneys that sign into the plan are those that can't do well on their own without it. It provides a financial safety net for them, but gives them the incentive to spend as little time and care on your work as possible.

This is actually not a true statement. Prepaid legal has strict guidelines for the firms they use. They only give them a one month contract at a time. They pay a rediculously huge retainer to the firm for one month and then the 1-800-number that is owned by PPL goes to that firm for the month. If the firm does not meet the strict expectations of the PPL customers than the firm looses the contract.

The firm in texas receives something around $350,000 a month for their retainer.

The firms in each state that have the PPL contract are some of the most respected.

And they always get back to you within 24 hours of calling them. Try that with an attorney outside of PPL.