sdctlc

Space Ship One

I'd guess the baro altimeter on his right is reading around 700 feet, and he's getting ready to turn onto final (which, if that was the first flight, was runway 30.)

I dunno about that....I think he is turning onto crosswind, across the runway.

- Look at runway 22 at the bottom left. Now look at the other runway visible in the far right window as well as the one left of it. THat should be runway 30. Thats a steepass approach!

I also think that those dials aren't all altis. In modern cockpits like those with Multi-function displays, the altitude would definately be on the Display, with a backup somewhere.

You can have my two cents.

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

Outside baro is 700', inside baro is 700', the cabin is depressurized. He is in a 15 degree nose low attitude, right turn, turning south according to what I can see of the runways, so it should be 625AM. Interesting thing is that Mojave field elevation is 2791', so he must have zeroed both altimiters on the ground.
Seems like a steep turn to make ANY of the runways, but then again he just came down from a jump (drop) run...
Funny, all those high-tech displays and construction, but prominently displayed (and thus used) are the jumper's altimeter, the kitchen timer, and the handleld GPS. My kind of pilot!
Hartwood Paracenter - The closest DZ to DC!