Paraman

BAD SELLER FROM ITALY - Ferdinando Villano, Be CAREFUL !!!

Thank you Nova, I hope that I will not see this reserve over my head too. And I hope that I will not repiat my mistake when I will buy something on DZ.com
I think everybody know that in Russia very expansive skydive gear and to buy skydive gear from DZ.com is cheaper. I helped to finde skydive equipment to all my friends in Russia, all of them are happy. And I am going to continue buy gear if somebody will ask me. But because of the case with Ferdinando Villano I a little bit afraid to buy gear. I draw conclusions from this case and I will be more cautious in future.

......I think everybody know that in Russia very expansive skydive gear and to buy skydive gear from DZ.com is cheaper.....

While brand new equipment might be a bit more expensive overseas and i believe it should be for a number of reason, practical experience tells me that second hand gear prices in Russia are about the same and if you search local gear selling forums you might find that it sometimes even cheaper than in US. Amazingly after talking to some people looking for gear they expect from you even further price reduction. So you might do your self a favor and do your search. Sooner or later you'll find an excellent deal locally on a piece of gear you/your friends looking for very competitively priced - means less stress, less hassle and more secure.

not an expert but it looks like the cut is simliar, due to the rip-stop and the nylon material of the parachute its not as clean of a cut as on the cotten but i would say the story matches.

If you are not expert - why are you try to make such assumption??

Hole in reserve wasnt cut - it was "punched" by something...

I'd have to agree with that. the first picture shown a 'clean' cut in the material. the second picture shows a tear like something had been shoved through the material or snagged on something rather than a 'slice' from a cutter. Appears repairable, too.

Chuck

I think everything is clear that the reserve canopy was send with wrong size and damaged. The seller thought that I will be silent about this case. I gave many proofs and did not get any answer from seller. From this case I got bad experience which I did not want to hide from people who buy something from Classifieds.

The most funny thing that about wrong size I did not get any answer from Ferdinando Villano, I have all e-mail letters from him, this answer he wrote me after I sent him letter with my ask that the reserve canopy arrived to me not correct size and damaged - "Hello Pavel,

I'm sorry for what happened.
The shipment shall be opened to check the contents, and have damaged the opening the reserve.Infact that is a jerk and not a burn lines or accidental opening.
The reserve is new and has never been used.
I have some photos, if you want to see you, I'll send tomorrow, so you can check it too.
As for the measure, I'm sorry but I am confused.
Obviously if it had not torn the return back.
I knew I should not send the reserves in Russia.
I remain at your disposal for any clarification.

Regards Ferdinand
But the reserve was in perfect condition, has never been used"
You can see that about size there was not any answer, only about damage. And certainly I did not get any photos from Ferdinando Villano.

You know what? A friend of mine bought a canopy from him.. This man hasn't EVEN posteed the canopy.. He got the money and he disappeared..
What can we do?
I am Italian: Ferdinando, shame on you.

Bingo!!!!!>:(
One Jump Wonder

I don't have a dog in this fight, but do want to say that 'likestojump' is one of the most fair, upfront people I've dealt with in 2nd hand gear sales.

If he has an issue, I'd believe it's legit.

ill second that!! i traded him a spectre 170 for a spectre 150 and have nothing but positive opinions of likestojump. i would deal with him again no questions asked. great guy great seller.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

I don't have a dog in this fight, but do want to say that 'likestojump' is one of the most fair, upfront people I've dealt with in 2nd hand gear sales.

If he has an issue, I'd believe it's legit.

ill second that!! i traded him a spectre 170 for a spectre 150 and have nothing but positive opinions of likestojump. i would deal with him again no questions asked. great guy great seller.

+1 on that one.

The problem has been resolved.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh yeah? Have you also resolved the issue with taking another jumpers money recently for a PD113 and then ignoring all of his attempts to get in touch with you? Because as of Friday this jumper still has not heard from you and you have had his money for a month now.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero