Vallerina

Weekend numbers!!!

you are 3 miles from my house and you don't even say hello i see how it is dude.....lol....... just leting ya know i am only three miles from "ogden skydiving center".....

Sorry Wingy ... but weren't you supposed to be at the DZ instead of being at home. ;) Hey even though I was only there for about 1 hour, the folks at Skydive Ogden were really nice to me and the scenery was cool too.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

2*:2:0

2 people on my bad kids list Saturday evening for barrell rolling over my face when I was trying to sleep>:(:D. Also 2 tons of packing peanuts dumped in bendywendy's car.

2 jumps with Sebastian XS at the sparsely attended FSL meet on Sat. Had some exit issues, and a camera issue on the second jump. OC got hurt on the second jump by some mega power docking which threw us out the rest of the day. ah well. Richard Schachner was seen in a pretty turquoise pro-tec.

Taught Galen the correct pronounciation of "tube stows" not to be confused with "Tube socks."

__

(Cross Keys Rocks!)

yes it does! what a great dz! i had so much fun there this weekend. lots of smiles and very friendly people.

owe beer for 1st time there and 1st sky van jump.

i finally got to meet shani (freeflybella) and heath. they are so nice! i also got to meet flyangel2 and crazyivan.

2 jumpers from my home dz were engaged on one of the skyvan loads. it was such a cool thing to be a part of.

got in some great FF and RW jumps. i initiated 3 new PMS girls. :)
good times.... can't wait to go back!

2!:18?:1

Jumped all the suits this weekend! Got some nice pictures of Anita in her new FF suit, did 9 tandems, shot one digital and stills package, was in and over some nice 8 way, and the "1" is for Vic Krusi's 5000th skydive jump, which he chose to do in MadJohn's GTi.

AH! And the "2' is for my superhellacooliest new articulated Wings #8's, polished stainless, cut in laterals, quilted backpad.....mmmmmm. Goooooood.

Next jumps:Sweden

B|

Thanks to all the folks that helped keep that grin plastered on my face this weekend.
Pam, Randy, Laura, The SDV gang, Meaton, BKDice, Flyangel2, (fabulously foxy weekend roomie) Barb, Mary (thx for the great party) team Down to earth at CK (it was great to catch up with you guys..) Sean for the Rodriguez Brothers entertainment...
and some more folks that made me smile but I know arent on here...:)

Hey, how about us guys from Chicago that slaved over a hot barB-Q in the driveway?:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hey, how about us guys from Chicago that slaved over a hot barB-Q in the driveway?:P

Well I would thank you;), but I didnt get to eat any of it because of the criminally large *shot* (ahem) that I drank in the kitchen with the ladies ....

it was great to hang out with you all though :)

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

I didnt get to eat any of it because of the criminally large *shot* (ahem) that I drank in the kitchen with the ladies ....

That shot wasn't that big.

I guess we just need to build up your tolerance level;) The best way to do that, is to go on tour with me!

Jake, I'm thinking there needs to be some kind of rule for DDing someone after they DDed you. If I remember correct, we called you back very early in the morning, and didn't get an answer. I also called Turtle in the morning, and he was still passed out.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

When did you hit Ogden? Sorry I missed ya. I didn't make it out to the DZ until Sunday evening. When you coming back through? Let me know and I will try to be there and say Hi:)
0-2-0 one....[:/]
Got to jump from the 182 which I have not done in a long time :ph34r:
Might be all I get for the next 3 weeks as my weekends are booked solid. This coming weekend is my 20 year High School renuion Where the Fuck did the time go... sigh..

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

0:18:Too Many

I had a very busy week.
18 jumps.
2 Tuesday/3 Thursday/8 Saturday/5 Sunday

I made my 200th on Thursday. Got pied on Sunday night. Anyone know how to get whip cream stains off of my rig?

Did a lot of fun RW jumps on Saturday. Took Scott Miller's canopy course on Sunday. It is definitely worth taking.

I owe beer for packing my first malfunction. I packed for a friend and somehow managed to pack her a line over. I was out waiting for the plane when she landed under her reserve. I was sick to my stomach. Actually I still am. I can't believe after 150 pack jobs on my own rig without a malfunction I pack one for someone else. That's a shitty feeling. I won't be packing for anyone else other than myself for a while.

I know I owe beer for other stuff, but I don't remember what.

2:7:1

2 - the number of times I went low and got back up on a gal's graduation jump yesterday (107 mph average)
7 - 5 RW jumps, 1 solo backfly, 1 tandem
1 - 1 case owed for the first time I've been called a safety nazi.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

When did you hit Ogden?

Myself and a friend arrived in Ogden at about 5 pm where I proceeded to sign the waiver and manifest for a Caravan hop n' pop (which was tons of fun, in fact it would be nice to pull high and check out the scenery). Then I made a fun cross-wind landing swoop, packed and was back on the road again by about 6 pm.

I was hoping to see Johnny and Susy there as I originally met them at the WFFC last year and then got to spend time with them in their magic bus at the Eloy holiday boogie. But I was informed that Susy is ready to burst at the seams and that they haven't been hanging around the DZ too much lately. But both Hunter and Clamor (sp?) remembered me from Eloy and were both very nice to me (as was many other people). I figured you might have been one of those folks hanging around (maybe you weren't there), but I forgot your screen name and wasn't about to walk around the DZ asking who was and wasn't a DZ.COMer.

When you coming back through?

I can't say for sure, but I will try to stop by for another (cheap) hop n' pop the next time I'm coming back from a Twin Falls weekend (I'm planning on venturing out to the Perrine once or twice every month this summer as I prepare myself for jumping in Moab this fall). :)

I'll PM you the next time I'm off to Idaho and maybe meet up on a Sunday afternoon/evening before I make my way back to CO. And I am going to have to take Clamor and Hunter up on the offer one day to check out some of the local exit points they told me about. Who knows, instead of driving to Twin Falls one weekend, I'll just stay in Ogden. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Cool and ummm it is Plamer. I am gonna have to start calling him Clamor now :ph34r: I think I rolled into the DZ right about 6 on sunday.

PM me when your coming through!
I love hop-n-pops:ph34r: I can't get anyone to launch two ways from 4k.:S Hell I get 15- 18 seconds thats plenty of time to turn a couple points and still track away;)

Yeah just kick it in Ogden! There is a dedicated Base crew that works/hangs out at Skydive Ogden and from what I have heard they have quite a few exit points that arn't very far from the dz..

Be safe and see ya soon!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Friday night - a friend gave me 2 free tickets to Shania Twain. Excellent show.

Nice. Bill spent Friday night waving a lighter and singing "Man, I Feel like a Woman" all night.

:ph34r:

__

What can I say? I'm secure in my masculinity. ;)
Sometimes I feel like a woman trapped in a mans body that would like to be trapped in a womans body. :ph34r:

0:0:0

pissed off because i missed the biggest freefly weekend of the year at CSC. saturday had me sick and without transportation and sunday i was moving into chicago, which is great, but i was dying to jump.

blah.

So sad - you did miss a good one, Todd O & Josh even showed up. Mike O RAWKED the house!! We had some mad sit/hd docking jumps that were the coolest ever!!

1:10ish:0

1: bought a new Mirage
10some kick ass jumps: w/ lotsa cool sitting, now I just need to get on my head
0: well, I ain't doin nothing new, just doin it better

Val - myohmy, what a weekend; I think I'm going to bed @ 8 again tonight to try to catch up. wow! (ps, love your post format!)

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Was the "2" cause you just picked up your 2nd wings, or cause it was 2 brand new ones? Either way, they look great!!! B|

0:0:0 for me!

Sunday was horrible weather, and saturday I was tugged on a tube behind a boat all day. I think some of my falls off that were far worse than i've ever had under a canopy! B|

lots:2:1

1 jump on Saturday before the rain/hail started. Damn glad I was on the first load and not the second…

Be glad. BE VERY GLAD!

Did 2 jumps Friday night, and one was through hail. Couldn't see it from the plane, no idea it was there until I was in my sit going through it. My arms look like I have the pox or something.

The lots is for packing student gear. Not lots by many other people's standards, but for me... enough that I'm tired and sore today!

Beer owed for the hail jump. In an odd, painful way, it was fun. :S Made me wish for a full-face helmet though.[:/]

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein