240m3srt

My first jumpsuit, i gave it some soul...

Actually soles. After hearing about the booties wearing out i decided to have some soles made to reduce wear on the booties. Hopefully it will be a nice alternative to shoe goo. What do you guys think? Questions, comments, concerns.
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/1bdsrt/014-4.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/1bdsrt/007-9.jpg[/IMG]

Actually soles. After hearing about the booties wearing out i decided to have some soles made to reduce wear on the booties. Hopefully it will be a nice alternative to shoe goo. What do you guys think? Questions, comments, concerns.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/1bdsrt/014-4.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/1bdsrt/007-9.jpg

use url with brackets etc.. to bracket the links not [IMG]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Interesting, some sort of black magic not allowing my images to appear. And the upload attachment button says the pics are too big:S

After looking at the booties and the type of leather used, I had the same kind of material on my booties of my old jump suit. They wore out after what, maybe 100 jumps or so. Took them to a vendor booth at a boogie and the guy replaced them with what looked like rawhide leather, a thicker smoother and tougher type. More than 500 jumps later those soles have outlasted the rest of the suit.

I'll put up a pic soon
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Interesting, some sort of black magic not allowing my images to appear. And the upload attachment button says the pics are too big:S

After looking at the booties and the type of leather used, I had the same kind of material on my booties of my old jump suit. They wore out after what, maybe 100 jumps or so. Took them to a vendor booth at a boogie and the guy replaced them with what looked like rawhide leather, a thicker smoother and tougher type. More than 500 jumps later those soles have outlasted the rest of the suit.

I'll put up a pic soon

Thanks for the advice Billy. I tried photobuckets 4 different styles of links but none worked. How did you get them highlighted/working?

As far as the soles go. This material is called sole guard. Its very strong but thin rubberlike material. I had a pair of worn out shoes that he also used this on and they are still going strong. Good thing is you can just keep adding to it when it wears thin.

Looking forward to your pics.

Here it is. The soles have lasted very well.

The suit was made in the Spring of 1998 for Skydive Chicago's 300 way world record event. I replaced the leather the very next year. :S

Thanks for the pic, i will definitely consider that as an alternative!

I did take a look at my new jumpsuit that I got 2 years ago and its got the same type of leather yours have and my orange suit originally came with. >:(

Ah well, at the rate I'm jumping these days, 10 - 40 jumps a year, compared to the 200 per year back then, I'm not going to worry about it. :)

I just remove the bootie from my foot when under canopy.
I have sown in magnets in the jumpsuit to keep the booties away.
One pair of magnets are sown in at the tip of your toes and one pair at knee height, so i just unzip and attach them to my knees.

The magnets i used are neodymium-type magnets glued in pair (side by side) on to a washer.

I really hated landing on the booties as you cant move as good as without them, and they wear out :ph34r:

I just remove the bootie from my foot when under canopy.
I have sown in magnets in the jumpsuit to keep the booties away.
One pair of magnets are sown in at the tip of your toes and one pair at knee height, so i just unzip and attach them to my knees.

The magnets i used are neodymium-type magnets glued in pair (side by side) on to a washer.

I really hated landing on the booties as you cant move as good as without them, and they wear out :ph34r:

Thats a pretty trick idea!

Awesome idea!

For anyone else who likes this idea, you can often find rubber shoe soles (with tread) made to glue on the bottom of shoes at shoe repair stores. I got a pair (big enough for two pairs of booties) for $20. They're probably 1/8-3/16 thick, so no worries about walking funning with them on. I'm IC on my team, so I enjoy the added traction over leather or cordura when hanging outside.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.