sunshine

I'm scared of the Outback Steakhouse

I'm going to the outback steakhouse for the first time tonight and i'm scared. Even though Plaything and Geno claim nothing ever happens there, i'm still scared...

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Eh, the only thing to be worried about is paying too much for a crappy steak.

You need to come visit me, I'll take you to a real steak house, where you get good meat that's seasoned well that's larger then your plate for the same price.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Scared in that you might actually like the food and want to eat there again despite it's fairly expensive price tag? Hmmm ... I had a tasty 12 ounce Outback Special Steak just last Sunday afternoon. But then I told you people last week that I was part of PETA.

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Then again, I don't live in Texas where everything is BIG. But if you want good beef, try some Alberta beef. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You need to come visit me, I'll take you to a real steak house, where you get good meat that's seasoned well that's larger then your plate for the same price.

crappy steak?? you got a source to back that assertion? Outback has very very exclusive stockyards...they only place you can get better meat is by knowing the owners (of the stockyard, i used to date a girl whos father was one of Outback's providers and yeah HE had better steak, but you cant find better at any commerical steakhouse anywhere)

if you have to season your meat even slightly you are getting poor quality in the first place.. the idea is to taste the meat not someones idea of a good pepper/spice combo...

yea I'm biased, I used to work there, but I have had steaks all over the world and I still come back to Outback... in fact i may go there tonight...

ps. Sunny.. lots of things happen at Outback, but we kill anyone who talks ;)

You've got that right. The steaks are freakin' horrible at the Outback. Complete waste of money, however, the Aussie cheese fries are the shit!

I'm going to the outback steakhouse for the first time tonight and i'm scared. Even though Plaything and Geno claim nothing ever happens there, i'm still scared...

The Outbacks I've been to (Twin Falls ID and Louisville Colorado) have fed me over-priced mediocre food. Rock Creek in Twin Falls does a _wonderful_ aged prime rib for about the same price. In Boulder I eat most of my steak raw from L'Atelier ($15 for a healthy pile of organic steak tartare with a raw quail egg, crostini, and various condiments).

Chain restaurants are never exceptional and usually provide a poor value - elsewhere you can spend less for the same quality or have something a lot tastier.

Outback has very very exclusive stockyards...they only place you can get better meat is by knowing the owners (of the stockyard

Dude, this is Texas, the good steak houses don't get steak from a stockyard. ;)

I agree with you on tasting the meat, but it still needs to be seasoned some. Outback's meat just plain sucks, in my opinion atleast.

if your not so keen on steak, the Walhalla pasta & Cyclone chicken are delicious too... depending on the Outback they have a variety of fresh catch as well....

crappy steak?? you got a source to back that assertion? Outback has very very exclusive stockyards...they only place you can get better meat is by knowing the owners (of the stockyard, i used to date a girl whos father was one of Outback's providers and yeah HE had better steak, but you cant find better at any commerical steakhouse anywhere)

Actually, The Keg Steakhouse is WAY better than Outback! Check them out www.kegsteakhouse.com.

(the only thing that sucks about The Keg is their "Keg Spec" during hockey season ... they can show the game on the TV in their lounge, but they can't turn up the sound)

'Shell
'Shell

admittedly there is no competition with 'hand raised beef' outback (pun intended) of the steakhouse your eating it in, but that is like comparing a shoreline seafood resturant where you can actually see the boat your meal was caught on, with McCormick & Schmick's. :S

For a large commerical steakhouse, Outback is the shit hands down.. the way they've totally dominated market shares (even in Texas) vs other steakhouse chains proves that fairly well..

that said there is some variance in quality, two of the worst Outback's i've ever been in were in Killeen (since improved. I know and called the regional manager, soldiers deserve better food.) and one in Austin... service was so bad at the one in Austin I'll never go back...

Outback's meat just plain sucks

One thing to remember is that we all get our beef from different locations based on our geography. I have little experience with Texas beef (shit I have yet to step foot in Texas even though it is on my list of places to visit before I die). But I can tell you that the beef in Alberta is top notch. I just don't have access to it here in CO. Oh and in case you didn't know this, Alberta and Texas do have a lot in common.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

nd one in Austin... service was so bad at the one in Austin I'll never go back...

Well, that's austin for ya...

For a large commerical steakhouse, Outback is the shit hands down..

To be totally honest with you, I prefer Texas RoadHouse for a "chain" steak house over Outback.

but that is like comparing a shoreline seafood resturant where you can actually see the boat your meal was caught on,

Yeah. That was kinda my point, though in my original post. Giving Sunshine another excuse to come to Texas.:P