regulator

Does anyone currently use/wear liquid eyewear glasses?

That was the point of my post... Scott claims that this wasn't the case. I'll look for myself before claiming otherwise...

If I may reiterate .....what I said in my posts above is that a black tinting does occur( Neptunes) and can be seen at certain angles with the polarized lenses. I have not found it to completely black the screen out making it impossible to read. The only instance I have found that to have happened is as I stated about the gas pump screen. If I can see my screen clearly enough to determine what altitude I am at while wingsuiting, I think it is safe to say that on a normal skydive you won't have any issues as you can move your hand directly in front of your face if you so choose.

I hope that clears everything up as I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. If you cannot decide if you want polarized or not, let them know at Liquid and I am confident they will allow you to return your polarized lenses for non polarized ones if you find the slight discoloration on your altimeter screen to be unacceptable. I however, do not find it to be an issue and enjoy the benefits of polarized lenses, others may not feel the same which is understandable.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Just received a pair of Liquid Eyewear Player sunglasses with prescription and they are awesome!! Haven't jumped with them yet, but I really love the fit and look of them. I usually can't buy the cool wrap around prescription sunglasses due to the strength of my prescription. In talking with the Liquid Eyewear rep they can pretty much cover most prescriptions. I can't wait to try these out skydiving!!

I was worried about that myself. There is only one size and you bend the frames to fit. Look on their website they have a video demonstrating how to fit them.

I took a chance and just went ahead and spent the money. They turned out great and the fit is perfect.

But that bends the rear pieces, to fit more snug on your face, you don't bend the front near the lenses. That's the fit I'm worried about, the contour of it on the front of my face. And between the player, gasket, bandit, etc, I don't know how those frames vary you know?
Stay high pull low

Not really sure of the fit between all of them. I did meet a few people that had the Gasket and the Player and there isn't a lot of difference between the two. The Gasket is a taller then the Player and the TFlex is just the Gasket with hinged arms.

I thought the Player would fit my face better, but now having the Player and having seen the Gasket I think either one would work fine.

But that bends the rear pieces, to fit more snug on your face, you don't bend the front near the lenses. That's the fit I'm worried about, the contour of it on the front of my face. And between the player, gasket, bandit, etc, I don't know how those frames vary you know?

Call them, tell them you're a skydiver, order whatever set. If you dont like them, call them back, Ken (HMFIC) is VERY willing to go the extra mile to make a happy customer out of you.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

The Players are a smaller lens and slimmer profile for those with smaller faces or who don't want as much coverage as a Gasket sized lens. The Gaskets are you standard sized sunglasses that most are used to as far as size of the lenses. Meaning they fit almost everyones face once correctly adjusted. If you look on the website you can see the difference in the sizes of the lenses and their shape to get a better idea. All Liquid sunglasses come with a nose piece option that allows you to use a wider nose piece in case your nose is wider across the bridge to help the wearer get the most comfortable fit possible. Just let them know when you order them that you want a wide nose piece.

The Bandit is similar to the Gasket with the biggest difference being that it has hinges, unlike other brands, that are very strong and they flex in both directions. This makes it harder to break the arm at the hinge and since they are riveted in, there are no screws to fall out or loosen up. Because the hinge on the Bandits flexes or gives with the wearers head, they don't feel as snug as the Gaskets which have arms that do not bend. The Bandits arms will also fold like most sunglasses.

I understand you are concerned with the fit around the eye area and around the cheeks. When you adjust any of the Liquid glasses to fit comfortably on your head by bending them from the back, you will find that the area around the eyes and cheeks becomes very close fitting. A foam insert is offered but most people find that once they fit them to their head, the foam insert isn't needed for motorcycle riding or skydiving, etc. If you really spend time forming the glasses to your face it is possible to get them so close that your eyelashes touch the glass. Not that what most people want but it give you an idea of how close you can get these glasses.

As was stated, give Liquid a call/e-mail as you know better than anyone what your face is shaped like and what areas you are concerned with, they can help you determine which model would be to your liking. If you get a pair you're not happy with, it's very easy to get a different model as they are only a phone call away and you get a human being, usually the owner, on the other end of the line. If you cannot decide and there is no dealer near you, I am sure they will send you both models for you to try on so you can decide and then return the ones you don't want. They are very good at making sure the customer is happy. Also, let them know you're a skydiver/DZ.commer and feel free to let them know you spoke to me and I am positive they will hook you up.:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Well I have now owned a pair of Liquid 'Player' for around a month now with the smoke polarized lens. I will say that the polarization effect is pretty cool effect played aupon the eyes. I hadn't experienced polarization in person before and I was doing some work around the house and I have an automated sprinkler system set up that waters my flower beds every day automatically. It has an LCD display and the first time I looked at it I thought the display was broken and water had leaked into it...until I removed the glasses. Overall the only thing I would change on the glasses is to make a small thin foam liner on the top part of the glasses that would prevent sweat from dripping on the glasses and making it harder to see, and requires constant cleaning. I know they make a foam gasket and I have purchased that when I ordered my players initially, but I don't like the way they fit. But overall a great pair of sturdy glasses...and I don't have any problems seeing my Alti in freefall because I have an Altitrack.

Overall the only thing I would change on the glasses is to make a small thin foam liner on the top part of the glasses that would prevent sweat from dripping on the glasses and making it harder to see, and requires constant cleaning. I know they make a foam gasket and I have purchased that when I ordered my players initially, but I don't like the way they fit.

Why not just cut the foam at the bottom of the glasses?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

"I regularly jump a pair of "Gasket: glasses from Liquid. I wear and open face and they work really well. This particular style does not fold so they don't become really small when not wearing them but that is my only issue. "

Thanks for the info, by the way where can i find that liquid eyewear glasses?