ianmdrennan

Nate Gilbert

Hi All,

Just asking you to keep Nathan Gilbert (formerly of Team Method, the person in the new parachutist swooping between the 2 rafts for ASC's advert and a competitor on the swoop circuit) in your thoughts. He had a terrible accident today (someone will post the details when they're official - I don't want to add to speculation) and he needs your thoughts and prayers right now. For clarification, he IS currently alive.

Blue ones,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I just met Nate this past weekend in Wildwood, super nice guy.

I got a phone call from a friend just now about his accident as well. He may have caught the main from another jumper's reserve ride while under his main, at which point the other canopy -lines caught around his legs re-inflated, causing a downplane type malfunction.

This is the only information I have received and I cannot confirm this at all, I don't jump at his dropzone or know him other than as an acquaintaince. If anyone has further info, possibly an eyewitness might be able post something in the incidents forum.

I send my prayers and vibes and wish the best for him

nate is a strong person.

dont forget katie. i have tears in my eyes right now for what katie is going through.

nate and katie are good friends of mine and im very upset with what is going on right now.

nate is an awesome canopy pilot and an awesome person. ive seen him many of times bring a cut away canopy to a smiling jumper who was saftely on the ground.

nate is strong and i believe he will pull through this.

katie is strong also, her strength combined with nates is a great thing.a beautiful thing.

i love you guys and will see ya soon.

I met Nate for the first time a few years ago when he helped me change a closing loop. What an awesome guy. If only more jumpers were like him. Definately in my thoughts and heart tonight.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I don't think I've ever met Nathan in person, but I remember selling him loads of stuff over the phone.

Hang in there man. Lots of people out here pulling for ya.

My thoughts and prayers are with Nathan and all his friends and family.

nate and katies freinds and family are with them right now. katie is very upset, as am i. nate was a great guy and an awesome skydiver, one of the best.

he will be missed, please think of katie right now she needs everyones love and support.

this just fuckin sucks.