linny

my Boss said he hopes my parachute doesnt open!!!

Hell with HR, call the cops and file a complaint, as it is a threat on your life.

Bullshit. He didn't say HE was going to do anything. He said he HOPED. There is a difference between being an asshole and threatening someone elses life.

I'd still like to hear from Linny, what she did to him (unbiased please).

Funny how no-one wonders what she said/did to elicit this response.

No offense linny, but while what that guy said was definately in the asshole category, but it doesn't sound like you're exactly innocent here either.

Care to give the FACTS of both sides of the story?

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Tell him that if your parachute doesnt open and you hit the ground 'really hard' you will break more than your legs so be careful what he hopes for...

Stupid whuffo boss. Don't know what you did to piss him off, but his response was childish. I try not to piss my boss off too much.

today when my boss was yelling at me, not only did he threaten me with "if you ever blindside me again, i'll blindside you." ........ but he followed that up with "the next time you go parachuting, your parachute won't open and you'll hit the ground really hard and break your legs!"

Please type up the incident for Human Resources and close with a 2 weeks notice (if you can afford to leave). Make sure that this incident goes into your employee files. Whatever you did to set him off must be included. I have a feeling that you (perhaps, accidentally) did something to step on his toes, so you must have an explanation for that. Make sure to include when and what he said in this verbal attack of his. Also, be sure to type up a separate resignation that you will hand your boss.

When you go to your HR dept., tell them that you'd like to discusss something in private and do so verbally. Also, tell them that you'd like your written report to go into YOUR files as to why you are leaving (also, in case he does this again to you or to someone else), and ask that you'd like that this conversation be kept between you and HR. Then, have a little, private meeting with your boss (be sure that HR knows that you will be doing this) and tell him why you feel that it would be best if you both moved on from this employee/employer relationship. Hand him your written resignation. Do not go into too many details in his resignation letter as you will discuss that in person. Just make sure that it says that you will be leaving in 2 weeks.

Even though you've had problems, assure your boss that you will help him train a new person properly and will wrap up all loose ends with your work in exchange for a letter of recommendation. Try to end this without further complications, but be prepared for anything by protecting yourself with the written reports from the prior incident.

the next time you go parachuting, your parachute won't open and you'll hit the ground really hard and break your legs!"

Bullshit. He didn't say HE was going to do anything. He said he HOPED. There is a difference between being an asshole and threatening someone elses life.

I'm only going by above... chute WON'T open is a promise (as though he'd have something to do with it), 'hope your chute won't open' is not a threat.

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Whoops - you are correct - I misread the quote :)
As for the actual situation, there are only 2 people who really know what was said and why. Running away from problems at work isn't the way to fix things either. Part of being a professional is dealing with these things in the appropriate manner (unlike the boss). There are always options, they don't always have to involve law suits or calls to the cops (although they could definately lead there). Those should always be LAST resorts, not knee jerk reactions.

Time for people to start growing up, accepting responsibility for the situations they place themselves in, and start treating each other like they'd expect people to treat them. This goes for both parties.

Here endeth the lesson. I'll be here all week.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

WTF. No one has any right to yell at you like that. Next time he comes at you like that tell him he can go fuck himself.

If you get fired you can collect unemployment while you look for another job.

You're at work to work, not be some asshole's chew toy.

start treating each other like they'd expect people to treat them. This goes for both parties.

Here endeth the lesson. I'll be here all week.

I like your views and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

:P

Ok, seriously though, it'd be cool if people actually did act like that.l
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hell with HR, call the cops and file a complaint, as it is a threat on your life.

I'd still like to hear from Linny, what she did to him (unbiased please).

Funny how no-one wonders what she said/did to elicit this response.

No offense linny, but while what that guy said was definately in the asshole category, but it doesn't sound like you're exactly innocent here either.

Care to give the FACTS of both sides of the story?

Blues,
Ian

--
my boss was upset about a particular customer at our work whom i've been dealing with for the last year. he has some mini 4 wheel quads at our auction and has been promising to pick them up for months (he's from az, we're in so. cal) but has never followed through with it. basically i failed my boss by not being able to convice this dude to stop storing his shit on our lot and pick up his vehicles. he yelled at me right after a meeting with his boss where he got "blasted" for them still being here. he knew they were still here, he knew i was having no luck, but still he acted as though i was purposefully keeping the vehicles there to piss him off.
dude, this guy is just an ass. the other two women in my office and myself have all had sexual harrassment issues with him in the past in which we've delt with.
just to let you all know, i had a meeting with ALL 3 general managers about this. my assistant manager (who was present during the said incident) and i wrote up exactly what happened. now i'm just waiting to see what happens. chances are he'll just get a slap on the hand, maybe get written up. but for sure, i'll be a target of his.
thanks for your advice guys. i AM getting a new job ASAP

one more question..... what would be the pros and cons of getting a lawyer and going that route? i could care less about recommendations and professionalism at this place, they've been fucking me for a year now, i'd love nothing more than to atleast offer my company a decent reach around.

my boss was upset about a particular customer at our work whom i've been dealing with for the last year. he has some mini 4 wheel quads at our auction and has been promising to pick them up for months

File an abandonment lien on the quads and you will get the title for them. Then you will own them and you can drive around the DZ in style!;)

basically i failed my boss by not being able to convice this dude to stop storing his shit on our lot and pick up his vehicles. he yelled at me right after a meeting with his boss where he got "blasted" for them still being here. he knew they were still here, he knew i was having no luck, but still he acted as though i was purposefully keeping the vehicles there to piss him off. :(

and for that he wants your legs broken, what is this guy, a mob boss?

Ahh, what a wonderful world.

Holy shit! I can't believe he'd say something so shitty!! Man, I would so go off on my boss if he said that to me! >:(

If you have an ok relationship with him I would say something about how that's really wrong to use that against you like that. (If that would even help at all)

Just try to forget about it! And cuss him out with the door closed if that helps. ;)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

what would be the pros and cons of getting a lawyer and going that route?

No need to get a lawyer yet. Instead, find some employment lawyers who offers free consultations. Get a few opinions.

That's a zero cost alternative. Why not ask? You are not bound...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

"one more question..... what would be the pros and cons of getting a lawyer and going that route? i could care less about recommendations and professionalism at this place, they've been fucking me for a year now, i'd love nothing more than to atleast offer my company a decent reach around."

Do yourself a favour and don't do that! I can't believe you'd even consider it. It'll take forever and your lawyer will have you convinced that you were so wronged you are only going to get more angry than you are now. And perhaps you'll get nothing for all your efforts. Just get over it and move on. I can't even imagine putting myself through that. People have been treated WAY worse and put up with a lot more. One job I had cost me more to take it than I earned in the nine months before I left. If they've "fucking you for a year now" then you should've moved on long ago. Like someone else said DONT BE A VICTIM!

Whoops - you are correct - I misread the quote :)
As for the actual situation, there are only 2 people who really know what was said and why. Running away from problems at work isn't the way to fix things either. Part of being a professional is dealing with these things in the appropriate manner (unlike the boss). There are always options, they don't always have to involve law suits or calls to the cops (although they could definately lead there). Those should always be LAST resorts, not knee jerk reactions.

Time for people to start growing up, accepting responsibility for the situations they place themselves in, and start treating each other like they'd expect people to treat them. This goes for both parties.

This would be true in a relationship of equals, but that's not what we have here. Instead we have a boss promising retribution and issuing what is probably an idle threat to mess with her gear, or just wish her dead. Nothing she did warrants such treatment - if she really did something remotely so wrong she should just be fired. He doesn't get to harass and threaten.

There's little to gain from legal action, but it doesn't make his actions any less wrong.

Lindsey, I think I know you well enough know to know that you didn't desreve somebody sayingthings like that to you.

Make sure you express to his boss that basically he said he wants you to die.

That is not cool for anyone to say to another, especially when coming from a superior at work. Also the threat he made to blind side you is a serious thing in my opinion. How are you supposed to work when you are looking over your shoulder all the time.

Sounds like apretty hostile enviornment to work in. If you mess up, they want you dead?

Fuck him!
Dom

There are always options, they don't always have to involve law suits or calls to the cops (although they could definately lead there). Those should always be LAST resorts, not knee jerk reactions.

i agree, and i realize that a lawsuit is probably the stupidest thing i could possibly do. my office is the least professional place i could ever imagine, but i never imagined it to go this far. thanks for everyone's sound (and not so sound) advice.
i'm fucking pissed, but this isn't going to get the best of me.
muah*

Just a few drops of Visine(eye drops) in his coffee and he'll have "the runs" for a couple of hours.
I know its seems kind of imature, but Im sure you will feel allot better.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)