jose

I fu*#*%%@ hate these spybots!!!!!

Firefox (just browser) is MUCH better than IE. Blocks popups, etc.

For the spybot stuff - adaware and spybot search and destroy are both good , and free for the basic programs.

Hijack this is another program that can tell you just what is taking over your browser.

If you've got a file that's being accessed at startup so that you can't delete it, wholockme is your new best friend...

Hope this helps
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Google does not catch hardly shit of what I am referring to. As a matter of fact, these skybots were so good that they erased my Google and put their own toolbars up there. Motherfuckers.....

I really would walk into thier office and smash all of their hardware with a baseball bat if I knew where and who was doing this shit.

And people think I'm being extreme when I say that I really feel that people responsible for computer sabotage, fraud, hacking and unauthorized access should be executed. These scumbags are totally screwing up a miraculous thing (the Internet) for their own egos and/or profit greediness. If we don't put a stern price on such behavior, we will eventually have to SCRAP using the Internet because it is so incredibly vulnerable on all sides.

[:/]>:(

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Yes, but you don't have to PAY, you just detected the MoFo and can delete it manually or by other means.

Hey Ivan......you da man!!!!!! I just cleaned my computer with your instructions!!!
Thanks dude!

What could possibly go wrong?

Yes, but you don't have to PAY, you just detected the MoFo and can delete it manually or by other means.

Hey Ivan......you da man!!!!!! I just cleaned my computer with your instructions!!!
Thanks dude!

Another satisfied user :)

Firefox (just browser) is MUCH better than IE. Blocks popups, etc.

For the spybot stuff - adaware and spybot search and destroy are both good , and free for the basic programs.

Hijack this is another program that can tell you just what is taking over your browser.

If you've got a file that's being accessed at startup so that you can't delete it, wholockme is your new best friend...

Hope this helps

ugh... finally someone that actually knows the right programs to use to get rid of these things :p

i was just about to post those myself.

the other ones i have are popupkiller,
i have an updated 'hosts' list
my spybot has the resident protection enabled
i have mcafee firewall.
i also have 2 virus scanners... norton, and AVG. i have to admit avg finds more than norton.

its best to run these scans once a month... make sure you stay offline when you scan, and possibly consider scanning from safe mode for best results...
run ALL the scans, let your virus scanner's go right the way through.

i had the same problem until a few weeks ago with various popups occuring when im not in any web browser, those were easily sorted by the programs...

infact i have only had 1 happen since. consider blacklisting IP's that you know are from bad websites.

hey i even started using the blocked website list because of my new hosts list i got... its surprising how blocking those sites tends to sort the problem