jose

I fu*#*%%@ hate these spybots!!!!!

So, my wife, in her infinite wisdom clicked on a pop up ad that installed so much goddamn shit on my compter, I cannot get rid of it all. I have ad-aware 6.0 pro, but it seems to do a shitty job of hunting out these bastards so I can erase/quarantine them. Hell, I cant even delete all the Lycos shit in the Remove programs menu, it just wont go away.

I had an amazing computer until this, with no problems at all since I built it almost 2 years ago. But every time the inlaws or the wife sometimes, get on it, they seem to think that you should install all the free software you can get.......cause its FREE!

Please someone help me. I need some software that doen't suck for this type of problem, or I am forced to go get a new HD, cause I could always use a 7200rpm drive. Anyone have, or know where to point me to, or tell me the name of, any GOOD spybot software?

If you have the most recent Adaware update and you're still having issues, then you're SOL. Time to reformat and tell the wife to never ever ever click on pop-ups. Or just download firefox (Mozilla) so she can never get pop-ups again! ;)

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

Google does not catch hardly shit of what I am referring to. As a matter of fact, these skybots were so good that they erased my Google and put their own toolbars up there. Motherfuckers.....

I really would walk into thier office and smash all of their hardware with a baseball bat if I knew where and who was doing this shit.

I had to go into safe mode to get rid of some shit.
I don't think I screwed anything up by doing it either.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Ivan, I refuse to pay for any of the programs as the Ad-aware cost me a bunch and doesnt do fuck-all. Anyone know where I can "aquire" this?

Dude, come down a little and READ...they have FREE scans. ;)

Regarding the "acquiring" thing....that can be arranged :)

Google does not catch hardly shit of what I am referring to. As a matter of fact, these skybots were so good that they erased my Google and put their own toolbars up there. Motherfuckers.....

I really would walk into thier office and smash all of their hardware with a baseball bat if I knew where and who was doing this shit.

What kind of sites are you visiting? Google Toolbar blocks 99% of the pop-ups I should be getting. :S

What kind of sites are you visiting? Google Toolbar blocks 99% of the pop-ups I should be getting.

If you're gonna go to pr0n sites, don't use IE and scan weekly with atleast 2 different spybot killers.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah, they are free alright. But after they tell you that your computer is totally and completely fucked, they make you pay to remove what they found.

Free my ass.

Yes, but you don't have to PAY, you just detected the MoFo and can delete it manually or by other means.

Well, theres the problem. Not only are there 24 bots that it detected, most being serious infections, I have nO idea how to get rid of these manually.

Read: I'm a retard and need software to do this for me.

Ok, press the key PRINT SCREEN on your keyboard, then open WORDPAD, paste it there, save it and send it to me, I'll take a look at it and see if I can help you out.

Also, check these links.

One method I found effective. I have seen spyware that could not be removed even in safe mode because the dll's are already in use as soon as the computer booted up in ANY mode. I used a program called ERD Commander that basically is XP booting off a CD so no files on the HD are used. You can then go in and delete the dll and registry entries manually with no problem. In many cases I found that AdAware and the other programs could identify the files installed but could not delete them because of the sharing violations. Good Luck!
Shawn

I would do this, but the application will not allow maximizing or copy/paste. To print screen would only give you a portion of the bot's location.

I have made some progress with searching them out and deleting them, either with a right click from the search application, or windows explorer. Will these methods work?

B.

how come we get this post every day or two ? there is no need for extra software, just change the browser to better one and the problem will dissappear !

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

How about you give a suggestion on what browser does this...

netscape and mozilla totally block all the popups. you can also restrict scripts from doing funky stuff like opening new widnows, resizing windows, etc. and they also have tabbed browsing without which can't surf web anymore :)

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Between the 2, which one in better. Does either of these restrict what sites you can look at due to most sites being designed for IE? Basically, can I visit all sites that I would be able to if I was using IE?

i currently use netscape 7.1. there are very few sites that will not be correctly displayed in netscape, but it's pretty rare. i find IE very annoying. but it's my preference.

--
Speed Skydiving Forum