miked10270

Anti-Spyware

Hi all,

I know some of you use Spybot... Here's a complementary program (endorsed by Spybot's creator Partick Kolla). It's called Spywareblaster. Get it at:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

I've been using it for a couple of weeks & it comes highly recommended as an active protection spyware destroyerB|

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Hi DJ,

Not quite. Spywareblaster is a complement to Spybot - it doesn't get all the stuff that Spybot does, but the advantage is that once it's loaded it stops the spyware getting in in the first place rather than waiting for you to run spybot to clean the stuff out.

It was Partick Kolla, the author of Spybot that pointed me to Spywareblaster... So I know it's good.

If you have faith in Spybot (which you should), then have the same faith in Spywareblaster. Obviously both will run together.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

BNow that google has their toolbar out, it would be a good idea to supplement running all these apps with that.

I installed it about a week ago and it has eliminated ALL the pop ups I used to get. Bold statement I know, but take my word for it this is the best toolbar I have used yet.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

ok so you have found SpyBot Search and Destroy..
now get the following programs and you will rid ALL spyware viruses etc.

SpyBot S&D (update it regulary)
AdAware (update it regulary)
HiJackThis
Mcafee Personal Firewall.. (by far the best i have seen)
PopupKiller
Google ToolBar (the only toolbar i have seen that doesnt give u popups of its own)
2 Virus Scanners... Norton Antivirus (you have to pay :()
and the 2nd one is AVG, this is a great FREE program that usually picks up more than norton. however having both is good because 1 usually picks up what the other doesnt

I also have an updated version of the 'hosts' list. do a search if you are unclear about it.

another good thing about hyjack this, is that there are websites devoted to helping remove spyware / BHO's that use hyjack this as their way of helping. you simply scan, post, and then they help you (its worked so many times for me).

i also have SpyWare Blaster
and CWShredder

oh and then i have NTX, Magic NetTrace, and my port scanning skills to strike back at those little kiddys that think its fun to con your little sister into downloading a file that has a trojan. (those never get through now anyway tho coz of the above progs
!)