feuergnom

Post your Quasar II

pretty lame - that was over a year ago and the company fixed the problem

got something more to say? no? well i thought so :|

actually i do........sucks to be that guy in a cutaway,even a year or so ago. I dont know about you but i was skydiving then!!

Look - if we were to engage in a pissing contest concerning the various flaws _almost every_ gear came across over the years and how these issues were solved or how long it took the company in question to react - well i guess we could go over miles and miles and miles of stories, couldn't we?

so bottom line: each to his own likes and i happen to like my quasar II :)

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Look - if we were to engage in a pissing contest concerning the various flaws _almost every_ gear came across over the years and how these issues were solved or how long it took the company in question to react - well i guess we could go over miles and miles and miles of stories, couldn't we?

so bottom line: each to his own likes and i happen to like my quasar II :)

well i just think it pretty crappy company for it to actually hit the market and this flaw be found out in the field of skydiving. I mean dosent this company test there new designs thereself? or is it the jumper who went in that determined there "new age" product had a deadly flaw, no pilotchute launch....correct me if i am wrong but isnt this a pretty BIG flaw

I have a feeling it didn't do this in tests. Ted Strong has been making equipment since the 1970's to my personal knowledge. Since 1960 according to their website. They would not have managed to stay in business this long without a long history of testing their equipment.

I've owned more than one piece of his equipment and been happy jumping it. The flingers were a response to a perceived need; in the 1960's there were spring-loaded retractors on all of the gear, that slowly went away. Personally I thought they were kind of lame, but that's an opinion.

And I don't believe a jumper went in on that flaw. I believe it was found in a loft. That would be the good news. Other equipment flaws (with contributory work from jumpers) have resulted in skydiver deaths.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

listen grashopper - i try to play things nice - if you educated yourself a little bit in rigging things you would come to realise that your statements are a little bit off (just to make it sound nice).

again: If you want to thrash a manuf please open up a thread of your own, ok?
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

I jumped a Quasar once while my rig was up for a repack. After that one jump, I figured it would be more worth my time to go home and watch TV....But hey, look on the bright side, at least your not jumping a Racer ;)

If you can make an informed opinion regarding a product's quality in one jump ya SHOULD stay home and watch TV & maybe just phone ALL your jumps in! ;):ph34r:

Here's mine~
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2698069#2698069

Coming up on 450 jumps on it, looks like new, works great...Taste great, lasts a long time.

Let's see...every rigger that's touched it likes it as far as quality, easily 500 bucks cheaper than anything else with the options I ordered...and delivered two weeks after I ordered it.

So why would anyone even consider a Quasar?! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

since there have been threads on almost any brand it's time for Quasars - if you got one - post pics

The fact that you put your DS # on your rig..... I can say nothing else but awesome dude!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

since there have been threads on almost any brand it's time for Quasars - if you got one - post pics

The fact that you put your DS # on your rig..... I can say nothing else but awesome dude!

glad you like it :$

edit to add: when i placed the order I felt a bit childish - but otoh: as skydivers we do so much stupid stuff, why not just be proud of some sillyness? :)

dudeist skydiver # 666