baronn

Dyeing a container

Does anyone have any 1st hand experience dying a container? I have a used Oddysey with houndstooth fabric and it appears some fading on a corner. Fabric appears to be in good shape and the rig is a good fit for me. Would simply like a different color. Want to go solid black. Any advice/experience would be helpful. Thanx

Before you attempt that, consider that the container is part of the TSO'ed system.

I suspect that there are many, many riggers who would not consider the container airworthy any longer if dyed by anyone other than the manufacturer. These riggers would consider it unairworthy because they cannot be confident that the home dyeing method did not weaken or damage the material.

I suspect that most would consider this an ALTERATION, which can only be done by a master rigger or the manufacturer.

Your best bet is to discuss this with the manufacturer.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Thanx for all the responses. I agree with the fashion show statements(you should see what I jump now) but wanted to see if others knew more about this than I do(they usually do). I'm gonna pass on this idea and live with it the way it is. But, it is houndstooth, Yuk!

Hi Sparky,

Never buy a rig or marry a woman you think is ugly. It will never get better looking.

Fixed it for you

JerryBaumchen

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So from my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall
As soon as he marries her then she starts
To do the things that will break his heart

But if you make an ugly woman your wife
you'll be happy for the rest of your life
An ugly woman cooks meals on time
And she'll always give you peace of mind

http://www.lyricalcontent.com/98827/lyrics/jimmysoul/ifyouwannabehappy.html

I love that song. :D

Hi timmy,

Here's another tidbit for you: ~1962 there was a survey of French college men ( BTW, the French love surveys; more than any other people in the world ). The vast majority of them said that they would prefer to marry an ugly woman. When asked why they said that then they would know that no one would try to take her away from them.

I say, whatever works for you. ;)

JerryBaumchen