JRock

I'm Done.

how our assessment of risks changes as we get older. I find that maybe I'm willing to take risks now that I would not have assumed when I was younger. Some of the stuff that can happen is a tragedy at any age, but especially for someone who is younger and has more of their life ahead of them, so to speak. Does that resonate with anyone?

I believe the opposite to be true...

When I was younger I was Bullet Proof...

As I got older...
I learned how frail we are and precious life is.

With age come a measure of responsibility
to other people in your life...

You start to accumulate things...
A mate, kids, house plants...

"When you got nothin'....you got nothin' to lose"!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I am soooo at the FreeFly Festival....
That party was INSANE FUN!!!!!!

Oh, and to answer the question of what I doing with my spare time from someone in an earlier post...
I am going to spend more time with my three dogs.
Gretchen, Kansas, and Aspen.

I been thinkin...if you ever really miss skydiving, i'll be happy to let you pack for me. Then you can feel all important again. :D

BTW, i'm honored to have had the chance to jump with you. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

WOW. I take it JROCK has made the decision based on some personal experience. I for one respect his choice and would never try to talk anyone back into the sport etc.

but Unless there is a history of Kbone bothering you , you may have jumped his ass too quick.
I dont frequent the forums enough to know whos pissed of at who this is the first incident I've seen (actually its the first time Ive seen KBONE post)
if you care to help me understand why his opinion pissed you off som much you can PM me. if not then I'll just assume you two had buttec heads before.

anyway...
Jrock,
Its obvious you are stepping out of the plane for the last time. good luck and have fun with your journey.(don't stop posting here just b/c you decided to stop exiting when the flight was only 1/2 way done!)
My photos

My Videos

I believe the opposite to be true...

When I was younger I was Bullet Proof...

As I got older...
I learned how frail we are and precious life is.

I see your point. For me, it's also true that I do less purely reckless shit with no payoff beyond the immediate "thrill." But I don't put skydiving in that category (not saying that you do). For me, skydiving is a calculated risk with a valid payoff in terms of fun, skill development and personal growth. I'm more willing now to take a calculated risk to acheive those things, in part because I've already done the marriage/career/family thing.

congrats on your desision.B|
Im sure at the time its the right choice to you.

And as you say,becours you stop jumping dosnt mean you drop your freinds aswell.

i think your doing a really cool thing,You have made your choice and people who cant respect that,dont respect you.

i whish you the best,and dont forget if you want to get up again you already knows what it means.:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

the day you dont really care if its worth enough to jump or not,that day you should leave before you get hurt or killed.
JRock has desided that the risk aint ok by him anymore even as it were before,i cant blame him,life moves all moves if not its all borring,that means you also move your oppinions.

I see you have been in the sport for 15years,how many freinds did you loose,see die or get hurt? if you never thourght of why you keep stay there then you probaly has gone too far and should start look inside yourself why do you keep doing it?did you cut evrything else away so skydive is your life,so you dont know what to do if you didnt do it anymore...

Then ask yourself what really went wrong.

Nothing went wrong he is still alive.. i would say that means most of the things went right;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

You claim to be "really confident with my skills", so why are you so afraid you will end up with a broken neck and paralyzed?

Yeah, because we all know really skilled people in this sport never end up broken or killed. :(

I never met ya JRock, but you sound like someone I would've liked to have jumped with. Take care dude.

i'll be happy to let you pack for me. Then you can feel all important again

TRUST me Sunshine...you DON'T want him packing for you unless you don't plan on jumping until the next day. :D:D:D

JRock ....It's sad to think that there will be no more Shananay Rodeo's, or your infamous Walrus style landings in the desert or on the runways.....but that doesn't mean we can't party it up with the cootie bugs like we do so well. I think that you need to listen to your heart and if that's what it says then so be it! I am proud of you for making such a hard decision. Leave the sport but don't leave your friends.

Damn...now I can't call you Whippy anywore...
Yup. As far as the panties...we all know what to do with them..that is if you're wearing any...B|

See ya soon cracker...and until then...NEVER forget what you learned at the NTC!!!!!! :ph34r:

Much Love JRock

Do it Again!
P.M.S. #22
LaLa Gang #4

Not me, that'd be Twardo :D Clicky

He's just made completely ignorant statements before with the (apparent) purpose of stirring shit up. I'm all for people expressing their opinions, but to blast some guy he doesn't know or know the reasons... for a "life less lived" - that's complete BS anyway, and that attitude always strikes a nerve with me.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I have been wrestling with this decision for sometime now and have finally decided to leave skydiving.
My fear of what can happen to you(ie. Broken neck, paralyzed.. etc) outweighs the enjoyment I get out of the sport. I love skydiving and finally was really confident with my skills(Thank you Mr. T.J. Landgren for teaching me those skills). However, I came to the realization that no matter how confident and focussed I can be, someone else could mess me up. I know you can get hurt in a car as well... let's not get into that argument. We all know this sport is dangerous. I am just no longer willing to accept the pricetag of what can happen for the fun. I have seen too much and heard too much in the last two years to keep jumping.

It was comforting to know all my goods friends in the sport asked me if I was still gonna come out and go to some boogies. Which is nice to know I am fun to party with at least. B| Hell yes I am going to boogies and hangin out. I am leaving skydiving not my friends.

Advice.... I only have 137 jumps, but I have a lot of common sense. Don't be in such a rush to be on the Pro Swooping Tour or the next Freefly Champion. You don't have to get there in 200 jumps. Push yourself but at an acceptable limit to your range of skills. GET COACHING!!! If you think after AFF you learned all you needed to know... Guess what? You didn't. I hope more DZ's adopt the method that Skydive Chicago does. It is about 18 jumps to graduate.

I think that is the great thing that I have learned about skydiving in the past 5 monthes, It's your responsibility, do with it what you will. You rock jrock:ph34r:

Ahh, what a wonderful world.

Hey Bro. Has to be a tough decision to make. I wish you all the best in whatever you do. You'll be backB| Thanx for being you and THROW YOUR PANTIES ON THE STAGE!!!!!!!!:D:P;)

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

I understand exactly how you feel ... I made the same decision eight years ago. Five years after that, I got back into the sport B| It's all about how one perceives the risk/benefit ratio. Don't be surprized if a few years from now you find yourself jumping out of airplanes again! B| It's perfectly OK to take some time away from the sport - many of us have done it. Just relax and follow your heart. Skydiving is a social sport, actually, and the fact that you are going to continue your association with your skydiving friends, tells me that you'll find yourself doing the risk/benefit thing over and over again. I think that what happened to me was that, one day, the chemicals in my brain changed and the risk/benefit ratio took a dive:P The process began when I learned that the World Freefall Convention was going to move to Rantoul, which is only 30 minutes away from where I live;) Yahoo!