sangiro

Classifieds - Contact the Seller

Heya all,

Protecting my users from scams and other abuse. Please see this announcement:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1213271

I will add the feature to make it optional (as mentioned in this post) in the next few hours.

If someone contacts you via this form and you find later that it is a scam, please forward this original contact form to the email address provided.

Hope this helps! :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I will add the feature to make it optional (as mentioned in this post) in the next few hours.

This is done. :)
When you submit an ad you can choose your contact method: Online Form or Publish your Email address. I highly recommend the first.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

would the cheque cash legally, cause i got this guy knocking at my door with a £5000uk pound casheirs cheque on offer.
thats alot of jumps man:ph34r:;)

I think not. I'm sure a lawyer can help you but here's part of the post I made:

And be careful, if you manage to cash a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later.

Safe swoops
Sangiro

well io have told him it i know it is a scam.
he writes back and says to me, he does not want what i am selling just the change.
i said to him will the cheque clear? he says if he gives me a bank cashiers cheque from the uk i can cash it after verifiying it if i wish and i have to send him 2500 pounds back to him through a western union.
I belive this will cash as he is taking serious measures to find out who i am. i tell you what guys if i was single.....i am leaving this side of the world next week. man, that's a lot of money....a lot of jumps, but.....
i think i prefer jumping out of planes as to jumping out of bed in prison every night.
If anyone wants to read my correspondence with him just pm me and i will forward you the email.
blues skies.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

It is a scam and it will bounce, Why would he be giving the money away?

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

The earlier posted comment about finding out your info: so he is a GOOD scam artist... He will probably use the info to pressure you into sending him the money.

Todd

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

well i aint dumb enough to do it, i was just very curious to see where he got off on.
i have no idea though how an american can put pressure on a new zealander that is on holiday in th united kingdom, though, you americans are crafty cunning people:P so this why i choose not to let him have any info, as the world has learnt..'never piss off an american'B|
blue skies.