tunaplanet

Favorite Animated Disney Movie

The Little Mermaid!!!

hahaha geez as a kid i had Little Mermaid sheets, curtains, bedspread, pictures, dolls, toys, even a Little Mermaid hand held video games...I would walk around the house singing like her and pretend to be a mermaid in the pool and bathtub...I always hoped the movie would be made into a broadway show cause i wanted to be Ariel and sing on stage (i was really into singing as a kid and could mimic her voice almost perfectly) LOL:$:D

Since then I've grown up a little...now instead of Little Mermaid sheets, I have Mickey Mouse ones!!:)

*daizey*

Depends on what you're talking about, but Pinocchio is, in my opinion, the "master piece" of the Disney-style, hand-drawn animation. The only thing animated, again in my opinion, really worth looking at from Disney in the last 20 years is The Lion King.

One little side note, if you're talking about Disney films, then Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo and anything else from Pixar shouldn't really count. While Disney distributed the films and had a bit of say over some of the character design (all the better to market plush toys), they had -very- little to do with the actual story or production. The modern "Walt" is a guy by the name of John Lasseter and is the real genius behind what you're looking at from Pixar.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

One little side note, if you're talking about Disney films, then Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo and anything else from Pixar shouldn't really count.

Shouldn't and aren't are two seperate words.

As much as you would like to think those shouldn't be Disney films they indeed are.

Forty-two

The Little Mermaid was my favourite as a kid. I had all the accessories you could think of relating to the film. My parents would get fed up with me watching it over and over and saying the lines before the happened. :$

I love the Lion King and Aladdin too though.

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

Shouldn't and aren't are two seperate words.

As much as you would like to think those shouldn't be Disney films they indeed are.

Yeah, I guess you're right. What was I thinking. I only worked for Disney for 29 years. You obviously know more about it than I could ever hope to.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The Little Mermaid!!!

"Dude, Ariel's HOT!"

Name that movie. :D:ph34r::D:ph34r:

Can't say I know that one.

I can say though, that I finally just got the tune out of my head that I've been humming for the last week. :)

My co-workers will love that tomorrow.
Killing threads since 2004.

Aladin..... Robin Williams is a comical genius.

Has anyone else ever rewound and watched some of those scenes more than once (or twice, or three times...) to try and catch everything Williams/The Genie says? There is some funny stuff in there that easily slips by.
Killing threads since 2004.

The Fox and the Hound is quite touching, as is The Lion King...which reminds me of my late best friend because we saw this movie together as adults. Both those movies have good messages and story lines.

There are several Disney movies that I have never seen. The one movie that I have never seen, but should have is The Little Mermaid. I have ALWAYS thought the mermaid fantasy tales were sooo cool. If I could be any fictional character, then that is the one that I'd love to be because I love the ocean and being graceful and fast underwater. Not to mention, I adore that long, loose wavy hair that the salt-water makes happen so beautifully.

Fantasy and dreams, even ones that will never come true, can be fun at any age! :)

Dumbo without a doubt! I remember watching that in the theater as a kid and singing along with all the songs. :$ Bambi was OK but I was in a Conundrum. I grew up in the south and saw deer hunting as quite normal. :D I was the kid in the theater yelling "He has a huge rack......blast him!!!!!" :D