Psychonaut

Looking for a freefly suit

And one of the biggest constraints is cost, as well as it being built for my measurements; not a stock size like Square 1 sells for example.

I had quite the list earlier but now that I sit down to post I can't even remember all of the companies I had in mind.

Kurupee @ $299
Freak N' Suit @ $200-220
Vertical @ $425 -- No way jose
Tony Suit @ $300
Flite Suit Bomber @ $239
Merlin @ $265

Anyone have any suggestions or perhaps a company I forgot?

The only things I can think of that I want for sure are cordura or perhaps double layered knees and ass..
Stay high pull low

I have 15 stock deepseed suits.
www.deepseed.com
Let m know if you want to borrow one and try it out and then go to deepseed and buy one or make an offer on my stock ones that are really for demos.

Here is a picture of some of them, not sure if you can make the photos out on the rack, but on the dummy you can. He is wearing a Multispeed suit where the arms and legs zip up to make it tight. HAve about three of these in different sizing if you wanted to try one out before you buy.

Disclaimer: I do not sell Deepseed suits directly, I only send customers directly to them, just like to let people have shit to try out.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I bought a Firefly suit in July and I'm really enjoying it. It was custom made and fits perfectly. Very good quality compared to other suits I have seen (I haven’t seen all).
I'd recommend an inside pocket (for cell phone) in case it is not standard.
Safe skies

Ronaldo
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

I bought a Firefly suit in July and I'm really enjoying it. It was custom made and fits perfectly. Very good quality compared to other suits I have seen (I haven’t seen all).
I'd recommend an inside pocket (for cell phone) in case it is not standard.
Safe skies

Ronaldo

Did you get a 2 piece? I'd like that, the ability to wear either just the pants or the jacket as well..
Stay high pull low

No, 1 piece suit. I already have ff pants but it is a nice option specially on hot days

Exactly what I was thinking.. Do you/anyone know if or how the jacket connects? Does it have small clips or anything?

And I was also wondering about what my fall rate is going to do.. Currently and all I've ever jumped is my rw suit. Keep in mind I'm only about 150 out the door without weights. Going to a new tight freefly suit and if I stay on my belly for sake of comparison, what am I going to gain? 5, 10, 15 mph?
Stay high pull low

I also have several items from Firefly, (camera jacket, freefly pants and a 4 way suit)

I've owned many suits from many companies and I think Firefly has the best quality of all.

And Sherry is great to work with. She will make the suit the way you want it. If you want pockets in special places she'll do it. And the extra cost isn't that bad. You get the suit the way you want it.

Give them a look.

www.Fireflysuits.com
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Do you/anyone know if or how the jacket connects? Does it have small clips or anything?

Depends on the manufacturer. Flite Suit jackets have about 4 inches of spandex at the bottom that is supposed to be tucked in under the pants. Seems to keep the jacket from going anyplace.

You'll be happiest with your suit if you talk to some experienced freefliers - in person - about what fabric/fit is likely to work best for your body style before you order anything.

Realistically what are the chances off the jacket coming up over your handles? I would like a 2 piece but I've been advised to get a one piece because of the danger of the jacked coming up. Sit flying in my FS suit has me falling out the sky.

If you buy a real 2piece suit (and not a freefly pants + shirt combo), the chances of the top coming up in freefall are slim to none depending on which brand you choose: some have snaps or other attachent methods for securing the top to the pants while others rely on you tucking the top in good.

For tunnel flying you want a one piece suit though.

All in all, a 2piece IMO is basically for changing out different tops or pants, so if you just get the one suit I don't see the need for the extra cost and hassle, I tend to leave the top somewhere so when I'm in a rush to make a load I'm having to go find it again and get it.... Personally I much prefer to knot the sleeves around my waist so my suit is there when I need it and this way there's also no need to half undress to tuck the top in again :P

ciel bleu,
Saskia