fogobo

Advance Seven harness and container

I have 50 jumps on my brand new seven and the container is fantastic.
The reserve container has only two flaps, space foam all over, main bag with magnetics, fantastic onhead openings.
It took 10 weeks to receive my custom ordered container.
100% satisfied, it´s a great container. Picture attached
Gui
D31713
prego

Yes, i have two currently as demo rigs here in the UK :)
Mike at ChutingStar has one i believe - he might be able to give you more details and also there should be a review in the latest Blue Skies Magazine if you can hold of one...

Otherwise Basik will have a stand at the Skydive Expo that is taking place in Deland in March I believe ...

Has anyone ever seen, touched or jumped an Advance Seven

I have seen, touched and jumped a couple, not at my ideal size unfortunately. But I pretty much enjoyed the experience. Would love to jump one at my size with my preferred canopies inside.

BKR who posts here has also seen and touched a couple :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

i like the fact that, what would usully be the side flaps of the reserve tray, is actually part of the freebag on the seven.

The price at the time due to the aus-euro exchange rate would have made it stupid to buy one though, not sure on the exchange rate now though.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I have only hear good things about it.
Apparently the price is a huge factor of it not taking off along with the owner not really putting a big marketing campaign behind it, from what i can tell by choice.

However, I think it is a top three option if you live in Europe to buy one of these. Someone I trust very dearly who sells alot of rigs tells me it is an excellent rig, the only reason they do not see many is because of the price, hopefully the euro will change that in time to come as it may be expensive living outside of Europe to buy but living inside of Europe it should be a first choice, especially ahead of the PDF bullshit everyone is sick of (customer service that is, not gear).

It seems BKR is joining forces with another business minded guy, 'freeatlast' and getting to work on the marketing and giving it the time and effort it needs to get known in the USA.

Its a hard call to see if it will take off in the states as i get the feeling people are set in their ways in the USA with the long time manufacturers.

With gear prices here in Australia being so damn expensive compared to the USA, I think it would have a reat chance over here and with the popularity of the Icon and the wings over here it could quickly take off as what goes into this rig is very impressive. It sure would give PA a run for their money.

Whoever commented on it looking like an owl, yes, I have always thought that, but I see a strange shape or animal in every single rig i have seen.

Anyway, I hope some of you guys get the chance to demo the container, from what i can tell it would be a perfect fit for me as I think the spacer foam on microns and Javs etc was an ecellent idea until i put them on and thought, 'wow. they could of been a bit more generous'. With this container being a heaped helping of spacer foam, it gets me interested.

Good Luck this year Jerome, i get the feeling its going to be a good year for your container and I hope to one day sell them here in my Store in Australia.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Don't you guys know that RED is SO IN this season ??? :P

All the guys are coming off their AFF course - ordering their VX's and 120 Reserves and won't have anything else but Red for the cutaway handles on their rigs :P

Seriously though - i'm happy to report that I have used my handles 'in anger' before now and never had a problem locating them :)
I practise my EP's every time before i jump and I am happy that i can locate my handles in any situation.

Anyway back to the serious talk about shiny new rigs B|

>You need to look to find your handles?

Many skydivers are quite surprised the first time they try to find their handles during a spinning mal. Those dang handles got six inches higher somehow! While it's usually not a problem, identical colors could be an issue during unusual conditions (i.e. spinning mal, winter gloves, fogged helmet, dusk etc.)

DSC0007... nice choice.. Red cutaway on a red webbing.. Do you also have a red jumpsuit ?

You need to look to find your handles?

In standard conditions, I can find them easily without looking.

Each and every time I had to use one, the other or both handles I did look as I was trained.

Sangi, did you ever wonder why in a plane cockpit the handles and levers have different shapes, textures and color ?

edited to add : on my rig I have black webbing, and had ordered red cutaway pillow and red reserve pillow. I thought it was cool and that I knew my right from my left. Got talked out of it and slightly modified the cutaway pillow which now has 2 yellow stripes on it, which changes the feeling and the visual. And no, I dont have red, yellow or black suits (yet)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM