dkf1979

Can we get the cessna to do this?

wow now that would be fun to know how to do
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Ok, now here's the question -- you've seen the video and clearly he's a professional pilot doing amazing things and I think it's pretty obvious that you'd have to be freekin' nuts to think you could hop into a plane and just do this without special training and thousands of hours devoted to learning how to do this.

How do you feel about swooping?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

...think you could hop into a plane and just do this without special training and thousands of hours devoted to learning how to do this.

Come now man...surely you jest. Anyone of use could hop in a plane and do this from day one....as for swooping...I am sure we'll all be ok if we just fly conservatively...:S

Ok, now here's the question -- you've seen the video and clearly he's a professional pilot doing amazing things and I think it's pretty obvious that you'd have to be freekin' nuts to think you could hop into a plane and just do this without special training and thousands of hours devoted to learning how to do this.

I need a smaller canopy.:S

:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Mike is a helluva guy and great pilot..and a pretty good golfer. He told me a while back that the balance is so edgy on that plane that he has to switch tanks every 15 minutes when he's ferrying it. I guess that's the only time that it carries a full fuel load.

Another guy, Gary Ward, that was one of the Pitts pilots at WFFC is the only performer to scare me with his routine-check him out if you get a chance.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

The same as if I wanted to learn how to fly like that -

Have someone teach you and watch you - read what you can on it - talk to others that know how to do it - and accept the risk if that is what you want to do.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Good, that's my point entirely.

I'm just not so sure that everyone always sees the difference. We're around (or at least I am) some of the world's best swoopers and I think that some folks just see it as a natural progression. AFF, A, B, C, D, Swoop. I don't think it is. I see swooping as something that goes far above and beyond what is "normal" in skydiving and I hope that we can start to show people that unless you're willing to devote time, money and effort into instruction and currency -- you probably have no business doing it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver