Synapse

Pelican Gear Case Suggestions?

I'm looking to buy a Pelican case for traveling with my rig, a couple jumpsuits, and "maybe" a helmet, although fitting the helmet is not a must. Does anyone have any experience using these to transport your gear? If so, what model?? ...I suck at gauging what would work and what would be just too damn big without seeing them in person.

Thanks for any help!

-Lee
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain
a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty
nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Layout the gear you want to put in the case and measure length, width and depth. Go to the Pelican website and input desired measurements. It will give you a list of recommended cases. You can order them with or without the foam inserts. Your choice. The 1780 may be what you are looking for.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof"

Thanks for the advice, I actually stumbled upon their case calculator yesterday after I made the original post and used it to come up with one that would work. It should be here Thursday. :)
-Lee

I use a 1950 case and I have always checked by gear and haven't had an issue as I lick the case with TSA lock along with zip ties. It fits my Rig 2 helmets( open face) 2 jump suits and another smaller pelican case with my altitrack cables, optima.

I love having it I have scratches on it that surly have split any other case and one time a luggage tractor broke down and every ones stuff sat in the rain for almost an hour with not a care as I watched other getting quite upset and the prospect of soaked bags.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

your trusting the airline industry to much IMHO. but good luck, sorry i can't help more.

I have my gear insured under my house insurance so that covered and the Pelican hard case can take almost any abuse the luggage monkeys can throw at it.

I am even more happy I have a it as the return home from Z-hill with the latest air incident they are only allowing one carry on and My laptop for work is worth more to me then my rig.

I'd like to hear any ones travel experience this week of trying to take a rig as carry on.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

I use a 1950 case and I have always checked by gear and haven't had an issue as I lick the case with TSA lock along with zip ties. It fits my Rig 2 helmets( open face) 2 jump suits and another smaller pelican case with my altitrack cables, optima.

I don't see the 1950 in their product line up? 1780 is about the largest I see.

IMHO...Storm cases are far superior.

http://www.stormcase.com/StormSizeList.htm

Looks like Hardigg, the guys who make the Storm Cases, were acquired by Pelican back in Jan 2009. Since then, the Storm line has became part of the Pelican lineup. useless information> ;)

-Lee