SkyDivaChristie

Life is good!

Had to share. I had a double mal on Sunday.
I Got out of hospital yesterday and feel like I have a new lease on life. I know that sounds like an old cliche, but it's true. I really got a fright. :$
Thanks again to my amazing DZ family at JSC for getting to me so quickly and for putting up with my shit!

not jumping sux

Hi Christie...

I just want to say...you GO girl !
Most people will stop skydiving if they have such a close call while still new (1-year) in the sport.
I was listening to Tuks FM (Pretoria's Student and young peoples radio staion) and they guy in the studio this morning - Tim on Tuks already believed that you would stop...So on that subject..we know that we'll still see you at the Margate boogies Yeah !!

Take it nice and easy to make sure you recover completely

"Experience is not what happens to you, but it is what you do with what happens to you"

All the best and see you soon !

JP Fourie ;)
If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

I read about what happened to you. It's good to see you up and around so quickly! Someone's looking out for you. I hope you heal quickly and get back in the sky soon!
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

Chritie,
Stop doing that sweetie. You can make people a little nervous doing that stuff. :P

Thanks god you are safe. Be careful for a while, I thinkg you used up your good luck for this month's.

B

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

Thanks everyone. Really good to be here!

About giving up skydiving, for now, I have decided to take a break indefinately. When I was lying on the ground -thinking I was about to die- I made a deal with God, that, if I lived, and walked away from the whole ordeal, I would not skydive again. It was a really close call and I got a big scare. Not only that, my fiance and my family have been through hell this last week. I can't put them through that again.

Ask me again once the pain killers have worn off :P

not jumping sux

When my clock radio went off this morning, the first thing I heard was, " and she plunged 11,500 feet and survived the skydive!" and then they were asking callers for their comments. I knew they were talking about you, but there was no way I was going to call. That talk show isn't very kind to skydivers. [:/]

I'm so glad you're doing ok. I'd say you are definitely supposed to be around for a little while longer! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

wow, you must have been guided by angels, with a horse shoe up your butt, clutching a 4 leaf clover while in free fall... that's how lucky you are! it just reaffirms my theory that when it's your time to go nothing can change that....your work here obviously is not done yet! :)

my mom told me about a skydiver that was on yahoo news that plunged 11,500 feet and survived. i found the thread pretty quickly on dz.com and got the real story.

soooo glad that you're okay and recovering!B|

<<<<<<>>>>>>

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

Hahhahahaha! I just had my sister call me from South Africa.

She said: "Pia, don't forget, always cut your parachutes away when you have pilot shoes in toes."

Whuffo sister :P gotta love her :D
**Those who refuse to live and learn simply exist**