adamUK

Your rig is worth more than your car

I was thinking of chopping in my car then I bought a rig instead. The only problem is that my car is worth less than half of my rig. :( Is that a bad thing? Still gets me to work on a morning.

So go on then.. how many of you could say that the most expensive thing you own is a rig?!!

You know, at one point in my life my Mt. Bike was worth more then my car...a lot of mt. bikers I knew were like that. They spent their money on bikes and parts and such and only on their car when it broke down far enough that it wouldn't kinda sorta run.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have a '89 Toyota Supra. Visually she looks like crap (red paint faded and all that), but mechanically she is an awesome vehicle and is worth way more to me than I'd ever get for selling her (seeing as she's be paid off for years now). But yes all three of my rigs (two skydiving and one BASE rig) are all worth more than my car.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The only problem is that my car is worth less than half of my rig. Is that a bad thing? Still gets me to work on a morning.

If the car always gets you from here to there...it's priceless.;):P

And the rig...that goes w/out saying:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Toyotas are indestructible. Top Gear on TV took a pick up truck, tied it to the beach and let the tide in. It started. Then they dropped a caravan on it.. it still stared, then they set it on fire and it still worked. last forever. keep it!

1998 Dodge Neon in great condition, stick shift, no air conditioner, only 64k miles on it and it's worth a little over half what my rig is worth.

Summer in Florida sucks without air in your car, but the cost of having it installed would take away from my jump money or saving for that new canopy I want to buy and summer only lasts for a few months anyway B|

I'd love to get a new car, but whenever I think about having to make car payments again I can't help but think about how I could use that money on jumps or to pay off loans. So I think I'm going to end up driving my car until the wheels fall off.

It's not the problem with a new car.. in fact, somethign with less than 100k on it would be loveley but I have a moral problem with giving a car dealer a huge wad of cash when you know he will have your eyes out... I just can't do it. :(

if you do a search i posted something similar to this but without the poll, i think, and at the time my new Wings, new Hornet, new Tempo and new Cypres was worth more than my $2000 Honda CRX. I now am paying off a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ (God i wish it was the Evo) and my rig aint got nothin' on that.

Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

I was thinking of chopping in my car then I bought a rig instead. The only problem is that my car is worth less than half of my rig. :( Is that a bad thing? Still gets me to work on a morning.

So go on then.. how many of you could say that the most expensive thing you own is a rig?!!

My rig is worth one Moto Guzzi California IIIie (fuel injected).
I know this because I sold one to buy my rig:)Fortunately I had 2 bikes;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was watching Kill Bill 2 and saw Daryl Hannah pull up in that black '79 trans-am. "I had one of those!" was my comment. "What happened to it? was the reply. I let it fall to pieces in my front yard while I ployed all my money into a new Javelin & Triathon.
No Regrets.... well maybe a little!

---------------

Steve,I like your Jeep

Yes "Jessie the Jeep" is fun and she's worth more than my rigs (but not much more). Hey I resurrected one of my other vehicles this week. "Holly the Honda" named after this girl I dated in the mid 90s and she's a 1996 Honda CBR600F3 Motorcycle (yes it's a crotch rocket) and she's felt neglected as she's been garaged for the last 4 years. But I was out stretching her legs today at lunch and had a lot of fun riding her. I'm torn as a made her road worthy again in anticipation of selling her, but after today I want to keep her. Oh and she's worth less dollarwise than my rigs. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

well, my rig was worth more than my car, but then I bought a second vehicle (another used P.O.S.) ... unfortunately, the same day I got my second vehicle, my brand new rig arrived too.... so my rigs are once again more than my cars.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

I sold my car to pay for skydiving, but it didn't matter much considering I never learnt to drive anyway.

Now my rig is the most expensive thing I own, aside from where I live, but I guess I don't really 'own' that, the bank does.

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie