jbrinkman

Shipping a canopy for cheap

Don't skimp on shipping, especially international. You'll be kicking your own ass if something happens to your $1500 canopy because you wanted to save $20.

$100 for international shipping on a canopy sounds very reasonable. I spent that shipping a canopy from Ohio to apex in Cali.

You might want to contact a dealer on here that ships internationally a lot. I know likestojump does a lot of international shipping but i believe he is traveling right now. You might want to try asking bigway.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Rigger roll the canopy. (I think that's what its called). Then put the canopy into a thick plastic bag like a large freezer bag. Then take the lines, fold them on top of the canopy fabric with the lines towards the top of the bag. Take a vacuum cleaner, hold the lines tight, and vacuum on top of the lines, being careful not to suck up the lines. When all the air is out, carefully seal the bag airtight so its like vacuum packing it. I got a 170 canopy into a box that I would guess was about 30% smaller than my deployment bag like this. Don't be stupid and vacuum up any of the canopy. And get insurance on the shipping.

O ya... make sure you use the small attachment end of the vacuum hose and not the floor sweeping head part. Of course it doesn't help the weight, but it will get the volume down.

Ship USPS Global Express Mail.

Great price, fast and safe!!! You can track all the way and insurance the canopy if you want too.

Dont use Fedex, Ups or DHL, they are TOO expensive.

I think a canopy weights about 7 pounds, a small one, it costs to South Korea only US$ 60,00 and gets there in 4 days.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10235&M=2&P=7&O=0&sd=0

You cant beat that!

Blue ones!!!

Rigger roll the canopy. (I think that's what its called). Then put the canopy into a thick plastic bag like a large freezer bag. Then take the lines, fold them on top of the canopy fabric with the lines towards the top of the bag.

O ya... make sure you use the small attachment end of the vacuum hose and not the floor sweeping head part. Of course it doesn't help the weight, but it will get the volume down.

" space bags " they work great!
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

im trying to send a canopy to korea from the us and i cant find anything for under 100 $. i was thinking it would cost about 60 but boy was i wrong... help?

USPS had the lowest prices for Australia and the few countries I've shipped to in Europe. Since they don't charge dimensional weight they often end up 1/3 the cost of FedEx.

You want to declare full value on the customs forms and pay for the insurance because sometimes they loose things. They did that to me once but paid me back for my loss and shipping costs after 30 days to declare it missing and another 30 to investigate.

From personal experience, anytime I use USPS for international, I always have problems whether its with the customs forms or losing a shipment or not providing tracking. Try UPS or FEDEX although they are more expensive, they get the job done.

There is a reason why USPS charges $50 to ship a canopy to the UK and UPS/FX charge about $140.