Vallerina

Weekend numbers! 8/28 & 8/29

1:12:0

12 jumps (6 tandems, 4 sits, 1 hybrid, one tracking dive)
1 petty larceny committed. On the tracking dive, I docked on the rabbit's foot, then reached in with my other hand (while he watched helplessly, immediately recognizing my intention) & stole his shoe. :P:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

0:5:0

Only 5 jumps due to absolute crap weather on saturday.

Sunday was fun though, including a two plane shot sunset load.

Caravan + 182 is fun just cause.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

1-10-0

Well Val, I guess if it’s too cloudy to skydive at a “Good Vibes” boogie, there’s always the “Vibes” option! Practice what ya preach!

When life gives you lemons...make lemonade??? We played without her...I had the goods anyway!!! Missed ya Val!!!!

I'd rather have an awkward morning than a boring night!!!

B|:5:2

Got in a sunrise jump Saturday and Sunday. Jumping out of the otter at sunrise and looking out over Galveston Bay and Clearlake was an absolutely incredible experience.:)
I guess i owe beer for my first time in a wind tunnel. and for my first toe/knee dragging deadman swoop.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Did some solos eh?

You're just mean Remi :P

:)
My "weekend" started on Wednesday doing tandems out of Skydance's 182. Lots of tandems, a couple mainside Cat C's and a Cat D, one video, 3 FF and maybe 4 RW jumps.

The first was that on Sunday, one of my groundschool students had a chop on her Cat C, did everything right, stood up the reserve landing. Made me feel good.

[:/]

1 five way belly,1 helicopter.1 high speed CASA pass, 2 cross-country, 1 eleven way magic carpet ride, and five freefly jumps.:)
1 beer line infraction:)
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

;) : 9 : depends ...

;)Classified information provided on a need-to-know basis. Nobody needs to know so I'm not telling :P

:)
I opened the weekend with jumper #1 halfway out the door of our 182. Two 20 second delay students did the 'Harlem Shuffle' around #1 (who has several skydives but more than one refusal :( ) Both 20's went fantastic. I now understand how the Cessna can turn around a plane that fast ... weeeee!

A very, very late Friday night followed as the BEER light only illuminated at 11 PM after the skies were deemed too cloudy to night jump. Then it cleared up just as we had made up for the lost time. F. Eff eff eff eff EFF! Maybe tomorrow night. It's an an airport. "People" did some climbing upon objects and new ratings were earned. No, not that rating. ...Yes, I had my '8 hours' satisfied and awoke well rested but I completely missed the morning as a result. :)
My second night jump rocked... using a full moon as your orientation for a style set is a touch strange ... you see dark-dark-MOON several times and the only worthwhile video is the one I can replay in my mind. I was flying a solid grey Nimbus 1986 - I could have snuck up on ANYBODY except for my ACR strobe. "Is that a falling satellite?.... naaah, just Daaaave". Apparently my night spotting skills are quite decent :)
Sunday saw all but the hardcores bail due to rain and low clouds. I stuck, and for my patience I dispatched a first freefall sudent for the first time. My daytime spotting is even better, considering the comments I received.

I'm gonna owe beer for the elliptical that I rode on all but the night jump (soon to be mine)... would YOU jump a Jonathan at night with a round reserve?

See, that could be several cases of beer. No matter how you count the cases, this weekend past will go down as one of the best :$. And on my next jump I'll hit 2 hours of freefall time. I think I'll buy a case just because ...

Dave

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Had a laid back lazy weekend at home. Had lotsa good phone calls though.

Sheesh I tried a couple times...

227.29:11:1

World Cup Speed Meet at Jumptown New American Womens record.....is MOI.....

11 kewl jumps.. one reserve ride...( # 7 for me)

One case paid to Jumptown... a great place to jump.

I had really hoped for more people to compete against.. but it was a great learning experience..

NOW I am gonna have to get over to Europe and have some fun.. Look out Euro-peeps.. I am coming

:(:5:2

5 great jumps to include a jump for the ladies at the good vibes bogie.. i'll try and get a frame grab for ya tommorow of my camcorder...... yes people all the way inutahwere thinking of you lovley ladies......

and as for the video of catfishhunter.... i rocked...if you need to i can throw it on digital for ya.........

oh and my first was for making a black top landing at the dz..owed a case for it and well no one told me but it's on the bord so i 'm gona be landing out in the main landing are a for 10 jumps.......

oh and my first was for jumping abck at "DZ A" if you remeber my story about that..... everythingis all cool now....

1hour in the tunnel:7:lots

We took the canopy course too, lots of fun.
It was a very hot and humid weekend at zhills, but despite a weather hold each day, we were able to skydive till sunset.

One hour in the windtunnel with JRAF and Alysse. HALF PRICE Special! Thanks to Trevor and the rest of the Skyventure Orlando folks we could play freefly in the tunnel. What a workout! It was 10 times more effort than flatfly in the tunnel! We were bearly moving when we got out!

Lots of drinking and fun with JRAF visiting: the man, the haircut, the machine!B|

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton