Shotgun

Did you try alcohol before you were legally old enough?

there are so-called "youth-protecting-laws" in Germany and, where I come from, in Austria.

in Germany they may not sell beer or wine to youth younger than 16 except they are together with adults, e.g. in a restaurant, the other alcoholics not under 18, no matter if it´s in the supermarket or in the bar.

in Austria it´s similar 16 or 18 dependant on the different parts of Austria.

problem is that law differs to things done in reality. nobody really asks kids about their age when they fetch beer from the supermarket. they recently testet this for a consumer-magazin, only 20 % refused to sell "alcopops" to a 13-year old boy.

I grew up in Latrobe, that should say it all. We didn't drink milk, we drank Rolling Rock. My dad always shared his beer with me when we worked in the garden and I was a kid. He made his own wine, so did some of my neighbors. I never drank a lot, not even enough for a buzz, but it did take all of the 'newness' or interest out of drinking, it wasn't a big deal for me, so I never had any desire to go overboard with it later.

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I drank before it was legal at 18 (dark ages I know).

I've allowed both my girls to taste what I'm drinking even though they are underage. My logic is I'd rather them try it around me and feel comfortable asking me about alcohol rather than getting stuff off the streets from anyone. Plus, if they do ever drink to the point of excess they are home.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Yup, guilty here. I got totally hammered for my 13th birthday party. Wine and 7-Up. My Mom let me and my friends stay at our beach house and she stayed at a motel down the road. She had no idea the next morning... or did she?? ;)

Then I drank regularly when I was 15 and 16, but that doesn't really count cuz it was legal. ( I was in Switzerland. ) Aaaaaahhh.. the good 'ol days..... hangin out in a pub every Friday and Saturday night, getting plastered on the train, enjoying Europe's finest beers in some of the finest cities.... :)
Then I drank a bit more when I was 17 since my new boyfriend was 21. ;) (But it's okay, he's now my husband. :)
Geez! I did more underage drinking that I thought I did! :o
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site