Shotgun

We have a baby seahorse :-)

....but do male seahorses get pregnant? That would be a cool factoid!

It's somehow wrong but, it's right: Males do not get pregnant but, take over the brood and give birth to them after babies "are ready" to be born. That's so extremely rare and funny in the nature :)
Special cute animals :D, really should be protected as they are so sensible.

:)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

where do you get seahorses?

There are a handful of sites where you can order them online. Also, local saltwater fish stores sometimes have them. (I don't know about your area.) Ocean Rider in Hawaii (http://oceanrider.com/) is one of the few places that breeds farm-raised seahorses; this is a good place to buy them because it does not encourage people to collect them in the wild, and I think they are less likely to have parasites.

If you want to get seahorses, do a lot of research first. They're not all that easy to keep, so I think it's a good idea to successfully keep some other type of saltwater tank first.

for a second i thought you were talking baout seamonkeys... i always thought about buying some and seeing if they really did come to life in the tank, but well i always spent my money on candy instead... but now seaHORSES are cool... i wishi had the patiance to have a slat water tank....... but alas, i don't......... i'll stick to guppies, zebra fisha nd neon tetra's.......

I'm setting up a 120 gallon reef tank right now. I wonder howmany skydiver/reefers are on dz.com (no, not that kind of reefer)

~Cindy~
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Spelling and grammar errors are left as an exercise for the reader.

I'm setting up a 120 gallon reef tank right now. I wonder howmany skydiver/reefers are on dz.com (no, not that kind of reefer)

Wow, a 120 will be nice! What are you planning on having in the tank?

I'm not a reefer myself, but my husband is. He was also wondering how many other skydiving/reefers there are... I guess they're both sort of expensive hobbies, so some people might have to choose between the two...

We're doing an anemone and clownfish tank with some soft corals. I just got a copperband butterflyfish which is my new favorite.

~Cindy~
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Spelling and grammar errors are left as an exercise for the reader.