R1DOC

Altitrac vs Neptune 3

Altitrack is something you put on your hand and look at it to see how high you are. It also remembers your jumps quite well.

N3 is something you put close to your ear and it will scream at pre-set altitudes. You can also stick it on your hand and look at it to see how high you are. It also remembers your jumps quite well.

So... do you want an altimeter (which also remembers your jumps) or do you want a beeper (which also remembers your jumps and you can look at it if you wanted to)?
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

I have a optima audible. I'm looking for a hand mounted jump computer/altimeter. The N3 seem nice but I have never seen one. They both log your jumps with info. ect. Is the N3 easy to read? Also, you have to buy additional software for the altitrack and not for the N3. I'm looking for an opinion from experience with both units.

I have a optima audible. I'm looking for a hand mounted jump computer/altimeter. The N3 seem nice but I have never seen one. They both log your jumps with info. ect. Is the N3 easy to read? Also, you have to buy additional software for the altitrack and not for the N3. I'm looking for an opinion from experience with both units.

It all boils down to preference. I much prefer the AltiTrack. I prefer the analog style face, like the jump replay, etc. For me, the decision isn't even a close one. Others will tell you differently. They're both popular.

Altitrack is something you put on your hand and look at it to see how high you are. It also remembers your jumps quite well.

N3 is something you put close to your ear and it will scream at pre-set altitudes. You can also stick it on your hand and look at it to see how high you are. It also remembers your jumps quite well.

So... do you want an altimeter (which also remembers your jumps) or do you want a beeper (which also remembers your jumps and you can look at it if you wanted to)?

They are both altimeters. But the N3 has the ability to be used as an audible if need be. Personally I like my N2 over any others I have used. Analog faces are great, but I love the digital readout and accuracy of the Neptune, especially under canopy. Plus canopy alarms can be really handy if used correctly.

Both give detailed jump details, such as exit alti, deployment alti, speeds, etc and both keep electronic logbooks. It really comes down to the decision of analog face vs what I mentioned above. Everyone has their own opinion, that's just mine.

Oh, and the fact that the N3 is usb rechargable is pretty sweet too!
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

Besides the casing and rechargable, is there much of a difference in the readout or software layout compared to the N2, or are they basically the same? I may need a new toy ;)

"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52