jclalor

EG SKY SUITS

I bought some Freefly plants from EG when he was at Chicago for Summerfest this past August. When talking to him he mentioned he would be traveling over winter... maybe South America... I can't imagine he wouldn't honor a sale or refund money. Keep us posted.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Here is the email I sent today to resolve this issue. I'll keep you posted

EG

I need to know if I have to cancel my order. I paid for my bag 8 weeks ago. I bought it with the intent of using it for travelling to DZ destinations this winter. Nowhere on your website was it stated that you would be gone for an extended amount of time. I could have bought another bag from another company and had it with much time to spare. I leave for Z-Hills on the 19th of December and again for Skydive Arizona on Janurary 10th. When can I expect the bag? If it is going to past these jump dated please cancel my order and refund my money. I look forward to your response.

This all sounds strange.. the few people I know that have dealt with EG have had great success. He travels around in his van, sewing machine, and jumpsuits so I could see why you may not got instant responses via email. Have you tried calling?
-Patrick

Just to fill in everyone. I *finally* got a response. EG lives!! Here it is 9 weeks later.

"ok I will send you the bag soon.. sorry for being so late....if I can't send you .. I will refoud the amount..

thank you
Eg"

I support him for traveling and promoting his products. I just wish he would have let me know up front that there would be a excessive delay. I leave for Z-Hills Monday and I was hoping to have the bag for the trip. Either way It will be used alot once I get it.

Mark

Glad to hear that it isn't bad for everyone! My suit that I ordered was custom, it was for a big guy, but I must say that when I ordered it I did speak directly with EG, & he told me 3 weeks. You know the rest of the story. I jump with a fellow from CT, that knows him, he says that he is a great guy, but you do got to keep pushing EG on his custom oreders to get them in a fair amount of time, and thats if you live right there.

EG's customer service has been great for me. Bought a stock suit and all my questions were answered promptly, an alteration was made, and the suit has arrived in less than 1 week. Looks awesome and I look forward to seeing if it flys as well as it looks. Just an update to let people know about present day customer service.

Yea man , I ordered one, got it 2 days later just like he said, it was alittle short in the torso and arms as it was not custom, it was a stock one. I called him, sent it back, he adjusted and I had it back with in the same week. My brother custom ordered one 2,. so far so good! call him or email him.

Later

I ordered five student suits in September and he immediately processed the charges on my credit card. After almost three months of e-mails, phone calls and excuses he still hadn't started them. I went onto this forum and after reading previous posters comments I tried to get a refund. He kept ignoring me so I contacted my CC company and they have begun the process of recovering my funds. I am glad that some people have been lucky with their orders but I wouldn't recommend dealing with this individual.

His made in USA suits are made South America. Nothing but lies from him. Fortunately I finally got a refund by telling him I was starting a complaint with Postal Inspectors since I paid by check thru the mail.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

My experience was pretty awful with EG also. Knowing he specialized in big guy suits, I called in need of a big baggy suit for tandems. Was promised a month, which took about 3 months after multiple calls and emails. Finally got the suit which was a perfect fit as an RW suit minus the grippers. Very form fitting with spandex back and forearms. I called explaining that while it was a great suit, it was the opposite of what I needed. Long story short, 6 months later I finally got the suit I ordered, minus the up charge I paid for zippered booties. Never received a refund nor the zippers. The suit is made great and has withstood a lot, but I wouldn't buy from him unless in person.

I'm waiting on a suit that I ordered the beginning of November from him. From the last emails I've gotten from him; he claims the suit is finished, and he just needs to ship it out. I've been waiting for it to be shipped for over a week now. The last email was incredibly cryptic and difficult to read to say the least, and mentioned January. If the suit is done, why would he have to wait until Jan to ship it to me?

Like many people here, I've heard lot's of good things about EG, spoke with him on the phone and he was very accommodating and seemed very customer oriented. However now, it's difficult to get hold of him, and I can't really trust what he is telling me.

I do believe I will get my suit from him, I don't get the impression that he is a crook or dishonest; I'm just not sure when it will be.

(Edited to correct a mis-statement about when I ordered the suit)
Thomas Crowe, NRP
Nationally Registered Paramedic
Red Hat Linux Geek