PhreeZone

Possible Midwest DZ.com event, post if interested

Are you saying all skydivers are irresponsible and juvenile, and can't be trusted to not tear some place up?

No, just you ;)

If you try to cram a bunch of people on a small DZ that isn't used to "out of towners" - those same people would destroy that AND have a miserable time

Unless people are planning on torching the place, I think we'd be fine. Obviously, discussing plans with the airport beforehand is mandatory. Most airports would love to have the extra business (unless it's Frankfort, they seem to like having no one come in and buy stuff.)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

What happened to the southeast idea? Not that it matters cause I'm not above getting on a plane....if I can get through security. :S

Terrorist in training

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

What happened to the southeast idea?

It's there being mulled around....nothing definate on the 3rd event. Have someone contact me that wants to host an event. Perris did for Memorial and Eloy has as for Holiday. They have the aircraft, facilities and weather...bring it on!
oxox
BB

Let's not forget SEMO! We have the oldest flying Porter and 2 decent cesnas (205 & 206). Plus we've been looking for an excuse to do Formation flying.:P

That's a great idea, too! It may be difficult to get the Ohio buffoons there, though.

I am certainly interested....and I bet I could convince at least one more DZ.commer to attend with me.....

Canopycuddler? :P Yeah, I haven't hung out with you guys in a long time....this could even be more of a reunion of sorts!

Speaking from experience... organizing anything at WFFC is a crapshoot at best. There is just too much going on at all hours to try and get people committed to do anything. Scotty took half the day just to find enough people to do raft jumps, it took 3 calls over the PA to do the DZ.com jumps, even RB and Hellfish jumps only happened on the C-130 due to the sheer number of people on the plane, Birdman classes were canceled a few times due to no one actually showing up at the classes, most the seminars at night were almost empty.

With the Organizer tents, all the speciality stuff, the walk up jumps and the horrible decision of a King Air in 5 minutes, a Skyvan in 6 or a Casa in 3... good luck in keeping anything organized for more then 20 minutes. Not to mention the parties at night :)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

This sounds like a very kewl idea. I'd like to take this opportunity to officially nominate B^2 (Betsy) as the "Official dropzone.com event coordinator and hostess." She did such a kickass job in Eloy. She and I had a nice conversation about this very sort of event. She was considering renaming the Eloy Holiday Boogie as an official "dropzone.com Boogie" next time around. She's the hostess with the mostess. Do I hear a second on this nomination?...

Thank you Cajones, Sunny and PDS for your votes of confidence....I however do not have the Red Hot Fork. The placement is up to him as well as everything else. His site, His domain, His Empire this ain't no damn democracy! Bwahhhhhhh
Cheers everyone!
BB

Hinckley Hinckley Hinckley Hinckley Hinckley Hinckley....

so, um, i, uh, forgot where i was gonna vote for having it.

Silly Tomas. Hinckley got shot down already. Tis ok though, i suppose it would be nice to have it somewhere else since we already had one at Hinckley. I love going to new dz's anyway.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

OK, fine. How about Archway?

Tis not up to me. I think Phree, Val, and Andyman are planning it. All we have to do is show up and have fun. We have the easy part!! I suppose if they do a good job planning, i'll buy 'em a jump ticket....

Hehe! Hinckley is a great choice, especially since TD and Doug are willing to work with us on anything we want to set up.

However, it would be nice to have more of a central location to get the Ohio and possibly MI people in on it.

I guess we were just trying to figure out if people were even interested before planning anything.

>However, it would be nice to have more of a central location to get the Ohio and possibly MI people in on it.

Don't forget those people in KY too. I know there are a few jumpers from there lurking...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

How about someplace really central... like... umm.. I dunno... what's this Quincy place? Quincy, IL. It's pretty central, and it looks like they have an airport.

Hey, you might be onto somthing there. They may not be a dz, but jumping there once a year would prolly be cool!!

Richmond (Skydive Wayne County) in Indiana has showers and you can camp on the DZ. Or Green County in Ohio but I don't think they have showers. These are just some ideas.
DeeFly

Greene County has showers, but they're in the bathroom - there's 2 of them. But when both showers are being used in the morning, there's no place to take a leak unless they've brough port-o-shits in.

That's what I'm saying the problem you might have with smaller DZs too - if they aren't used to out of towners, they might not have the facilities to handle a large influx of people staying there.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality