Stacy

Frances

Geez, just when I thought it was safe to send the kids to Tampa. Now it looks better if they stay put! :S And my brother just put boards over my windows and it's already driving me crazy not being able to see out and now I might not even need them. Arrrgghhhhh!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Geez, just when I thought it was safe to send the kids to Tampa. Now it looks better if they stay put! :S And my brother just put boards over my windows and it's already driving me crazy not being able to see out and now I might not even need them. Arrrgghhhhh!

Paint the inside of the boards to look like the outside of your house (with good weather). It will be comforting when you look at the windows.

Besides, you'll have some free time during the storm, painting would be therapeutic. :)

Besides, you'll have some free time during the storm, painting would be therapeutic.

You're always so helpful, Bill. :P

Want my boards? It looks like she's coming to get you!
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Remember the last one? It was supposed to hit z-hills and then altered course. I just bought a new lawnmower and nobody is going to mess it up!

These meteorologists don't scare me. Their little scam jobs. "50% chance of rain" Duuuh! We're in Florida in the summer, of course it will rain! Eventually, it misses you and they say "See? We told you 50%". They get paid to tell us this stuff?

Look at the projected route, it covers most of Florida. They're just trying to get everyone to watch their show. It's the summer tv ratings war.

There's still a lot of people who think wrestling is real. I'm not worried.
;)

Ok guys, everything is set I wont be posting until this is over, keep each other safe and pray for us, and I just boughg that new Townhouse and they did not disclam it was in the hurricanes path[:/]

Later
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Bill,

You going to one of the local shelters at least?

I'm going to see how it goes. I know some people in Tampa with concrete block houses, a 15 minute drive away. I'll watch the news and see if it weakens as it passes over land.

My neighbor has 2 horses and 7 goats, there's nowhere for them to hide that is substantial.

Know where they show rings for the winds? I just see hurricane or ts

I found it earlier on one of the dozen weather websites I've looked at. However, I cleared out my history in case the boss looked at my computer while I was away from my desk. I'll see if I can find it again.

I'm going to see how it goes. I know some people in Tampa with concrete block houses, a 15 minute drive away. I'll watch the news and see if it weakens as it passes over land.

I hope it does - but if I am not mistaken a hurricane tends to go down by one or two categories as they cross Florida - much like what Charley did. If it really does reach a Cat5 by landfall that could spell out some serious damage for the north-eastern burbs of Tampa.

My neighbor has 2 horses and 7 goats, there's nowhere for them to hide that is substantial.

Let Clay know and maybe he will come protect them? Othewise its going to look like a scene from "Twister"

And can I just say that I will take a small tornado over a hurricane any day!

I-95 is 10-15mph? huh?

That's how fast you can drive on I-95 because everyone is using that road to evacuate from the coast. Earlier I heard that there was a 20 mile back-up. :S

oh no you don't bickner. you leave that poor goat alone. i can so see this playing out now.

neighbor: man, i lost one of my goats in the storm.

bill: oh what a shame. :)

(from bill's closet): blllleeeeeeeet. blleeeet. are you my daaaaaaaaaaaddy?

:P

stay safe bro. i was supposed to head that direction this weekend. go figure.

neighbor: man, i lost one of my goats in the storm.

bill: oh what a shame. :)

(from bill's closet): blllleeeeeeeet. blleeeet. are you my daaaaaaaaaaaddy?

I'm shocked you would make such a suggestion Arlo!:o

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom's trying to get me to go stay with her and her sister in Sarasota. But you're implying it's expected to hit there too? I guess not as bad as Orlando...

---------------------------------------------------
It's not a high probability but I think we recently learned here that these things don't exactly follow computer models. I'm not putting it up unless it looks pretty bad for us. I'm trying to get my sister to come here form Orlando.

Yeah, they think it will strengthen again, but we'll see.

The track is close to home right now, but that could change as well. So I'm really not too concerned about it at this point.

(If I was on the east coast I'd be concerned though)

Funny that the schools here are closed today. Perfect blue skies out there right now.

I was just in Publix and am shocked by the amount of food and even water still remaining on the shelves. The parking lot was jammed. I can't believe the officials have been saying to stay put or go to a friend's inland house and not go to the shelters unless you have no place else to go. Some were full last night.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Yesterday in Fort Lauderdale was chaos. It took me 45 minutes to get gas and some of the people there were getting a little scary. Gas tank rage? ;)

Then I went to Albertsons and the lines were insane. There were a lot of empty shelves where canned foods and water used to be. I tried to cash a $40 check, but they told me they didn't have the money to do it.

Anyway, for the first time in my life, I left the path of the storm and drove to Tampa. I-75 wasn't awful, but it was bumper to bumper near Sarasota for no real reason. The trip took an additional 2 1/2 hours due to traffic.

My roommate and her boyfriend, neither of whom are from Florida, decided that it would be kind of fun to see what a hurricane is all about and elected to stay put. I gave 'em a few pointers like, fill your tub with water. (Why?, they ask...sigh) I'm sure they will be fine, but I really hope they understand the potential.

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking, just hurry the hell up and make landfall already? That is one slow moving storm.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Lisa, when in Raeford, you must eat MonkeyFriens and drink like Vikings!!!! When you wake up, it'll be here.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt