Stacy

Frances

I'm staying here but my kids are going over to Tampa. My house was built under the new hurricane codes and my brother is going to board up my windows tomorrow, just in case.

I was just at Wal-Mart looking for D batteries. They are nowhere to be found in any store and the hurricane is still 3 days away. For once Floridians are taking things seriously. There's also no water, bread, bananas, pop-tarts, gatorade, chips or crackers. :S
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In Palm Beach County, 300,000 people are supposed to evacuate by 2pm tomorrow => trailers, east of US 1 and near the Lake.

Where did you get the info for this? I live east of US 1 in Broward county and would like to keep up on it if they issue an evacuation for my area.

I was just at Wal-Mart looking for D batteries. They are nowhere to be found in any store and the hurricane is still 3 days away. For once Floridians are taking things seriously. There's also no water, bread, bananas, pop-tarts, gatorade, chips or crackers.

Tell me about it! I was at Publix earlier and there wasn't a D battery in sight! The place was a madhouse. There were only a few bottles of Fiji water left, no other water on the shelves. Luckily, I was in the aisle just as the guy was coming out with more water. You should've seen the people flocking to him, grabbing cases of water like it was... water! Yeah, that's it;)

Angela.

Based on where some of you are, is there any chance that getting that kind of think online via FedEx is possible before the worst of this?

Thanks, you're very nice to offer that! :)was looking for D batteries in a few stores, but my ex told me I could have his lantern that takes AA batteries, so I'm good with that. He's going to take the kids to the west coast so we won't have to worry about them.

Some people didn't have power for 2 weeks after Charley. If I have to go that long without power, I'll be asking for more than batteries, I'll need a place to stay! :S
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

When I lived in Guam and Florida, and we got hurricane warnings, mom would scrub the bathtub out and fill it with water. She would also fill a garbage can with water, and that's what we had to use for the toilet for flushing.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Maybe we could help with a few batteries or staple items to a few, especially if there is a child or pet in the house.

I was thinking the same thing.

Stay safe, all those staying...and hang in there!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

She would also fill a garbage can with water, and that's what we had to use for the toilet for flushing.

That's cool, I've never thought of that one before. I read someplace to use a 5 gallon bucket and the plastic grocery bags for a disposable toilet. My favorite new idea was to buy baby wipes for a cheap "bath" if the water isn't running.

My ex told me he already found 2 gas stations without gas this morning and Frances is still 2 days away. Floridians are never this prepared!

There's a rush to get the debris from Charley out of the streets now and they are filling up the Citrus Bowl with it this morning. All schools have been closed for tomorrow and some for today too.

The good news for me is that the eye has moved a little south. The bad news is that the winds will be at about 100 mph. My dad told me the hurricane codes for new houses are for 110 mph winds. They're expecting 12" of water in my area. We get rain almost every day so the ground is already pretty saturated. That's a lotta water with no place to go.

Everyone's tense, you can see it in their eyes. Even the natives are a little restless.

As of this morning they say it will be Jupiter inlet, I stood up until 1 am this morning putting the shutters in my moms house. we will be staying there, I will leave my condo to sink in the rain alone, I won't be that captain that sinks with his boat. Important things to bring skydive equipment important papers, dog, girlfriend (not necesarily in that order)

Wendy you got a broken arm???? too much fun in Rantoul???

I guess thats it for $5 jumps this weekend uhhh.

Note to all: who cares where it hits the diameter of the eye of the hurricane is 80 miles that means even if it hits portsaint lucy we are still in that danger zone.

What worries me about hitting more south is this thing could go thru the east coast making more and more damage.

Are you scare yet??????;)
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Everyone's tense, you can see it in their eyes. Even the natives are a little restless.

I can see why [:/]
wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/headlines.asp?iws=0

Plus this:
Frances is moving west-northwest at about 13 mph. The thing to watch is movement and speed. If Frances starts to slow down then this will buy more time for Florida and could allow the system to turn more northwesterly before it gets any closer to Florida. The system will be affected by eye wall replacement in a way that as the inner eye wall dies the pressure will rise. Then the outer eye wall will contract causing the pressure to fall and the wind to increase. This process takes 6 to 10 hours. So, don't be surprised to see fluctuations of pressure and wind speed. An upper level ridge of high pressure to the north of Frances is the key for movement. Meanwhile, an upper level trough now coming across the Pacific Northwest will interact with the upper ridge later in the weekend and early next week. Each model has its own take on the interaction of this eastward moving upper level trough and the ridge.

Talked with my friend Olaf yesterday, and he said that he is going to ride it out. Bill on the other hand says that Sand Lake is seriously over-flooded already, and the storm may bring another 10 inches of rain. He also says that hurricane force winds may cause serious damage to the house, since homes in Orlando are not really designed for this force of a storm. He said it was not possible to board up the windows. Andrea, do you remember all those windows? The boat and plane are on their way from Ft Lauderdale to Key West.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Oh, and I called the Bytch last night. She was high on Go Fast and Moutain Dew and still driving. Her plan was to stop at the next hotel she could find and try to get some sleep/rest. I'm just glad she got out of there.

Andrea, please, please, please be careful. I'll try and call you some time today.

Here's a good link for info as well. Check out the graphic of the projected path. We're going to get hit a bit here in Jax, but the folks in central FL - as in LAKE WALES - who got hit the hardest by Charley are going to get it again from Frances according to this. Those folks are going to need a hand when this is over.

Clicky

[:/]
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

They are evacuating Ft Lauderdale in addition to Palm Beach -- along the coast and mobile homes only.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

We're stocking up on alcohol tomorrow. Get some canned foods too. Get some cards, play poker, drink beer, and watch pigs fly ....

Fuck it, I'm 22; I want to see this storm; I've got absolutely nothing better to do....

Sure you do.

Go up on your roof, wait for a big gust and pull your reserve. See where you land :o

We saw that about Lake Wales area, damn. There is still a fundraising effort going on for them based on the first hit, can't imagine what they'll have to endure this time!

It's their safety that is of greatest concern of course so let's hope they have evacuated to safer places.

Prayers all.

I tried several times to reach the Bytch but kept getting an all curcuits are busy notice. >:( Tell her to keep coming and to stop by the school if it is before 4 today or I'll be at home waiting on her after that since I can't call during the day due to classes.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Just talked to her. She said that she would call you. It seems she has had a change in plans:ph34r:

She had to sleep in a rest stop last night, as there were no rooms in any hotels/motels on a Wednesday night at 2:00 a.m. Gee, go figure. Why the hell are there so many people on the road:S