Stacy

Frances

not necessary but it sure makes you realize that you can't take much for granted.We've escaped some big storms for quite a few years, and quite frankly I knew this was going to happen. I've been telling Paige we are gonna get pounded for about the last 3 years. The hurricane gods were just saving up.

It's really not funny, we still have 800 people in shelters and thousands with no power. I guess it's the price we pay to live where we do. I guess we could always trade it for earthquakes, floods and landslides.:S
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

This morning's charts are putting Frances hitting land at Melbourne at 8 pm, Saturday. For those of you who don't know the FL landscape, that puts both Skydive Space Center and Sebastian very close to the eye of the storm if it happens to veer north or south a little. [:/]

It's also projected to hit Orlando on Sunday morning. I'm more concerned about Francis than Charley because the winds are already stronger and it is larger. In addition, the area still hasn't been cleaned up from Charley. Downed trees are on the sides of the roads everywhere. That leaves a lot of projectiles available to go through roofs and windows. I also feel sorry for the people who still have tarps for roofs because there just aren't enough roofing companies to go around. Cross your fingers for us that it starts heading north.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm stuck in So Cal. From Fla. I'd rather have the hurricanes(partys). At least you KNOW it coming. >:(. My buddy in Melbourne is battoning down the hatches as we speak(so to say)>:(
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Last time I heard was Boca Raton but that was yesterday, I just bought a Townhouse in Palm Beach Gardens, I'm very concern about this, could't Frances pick a week day it had to be Saturday or Sunday Uhh
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

You guys watch out. This one looks pretty nasty. I thought I read that tropical storm force winds extend around 170 miles from the center.

Actualy, everyone in FL needs to watch out. I think we all just learned that these things are not all that predictable.

I thought I read that tropical storm force winds extend around 170 miles from the center.

That's true. We all need to worry when the hurricane gets that large, FL isn't very wide. Wendy complained that Charely hit Lake Wales and not Sebastian's buildings. She may get her wish!

By the way all you FL peeps...today is the last day for the gas tax cut.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

[Wendy complained that Charely hit Lake Wales and not Sebastian's buildings. She may get her wish!
quote]

You just read my mind, and yes I'm very concern about this one, every time I look at the news seems that it's coming towards me, adjusting direction so it hits me.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

every time I look at the news seems that it's coming towards me, adjusting direction so it hits me.

Drive up to Canada!! They need the rain and wind.. with all the cold air and snow they send us every year, let's give them a gift!! :)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Quitcher bitch'in!
I had to clean up my new house, my friend's house and Mom and Dad's house after that last one... I just finished last weekend. I'll make you Hurricaines in big cold glasses if you come to O-town and help clean up this time!?!?!?
:)

-Biffin

Swoo Rodriguez #1020, LawnDart, AR #007

I had to clean up my new house, my friend's house and Mom and Dad's house after that last one... I just finished last weekend. I'll make you Hurricaines in big cold glasses if you come to O-town and help clean up this time!?!?!?

haha!

I'll be camped out at work in a sleeping bag. you can come party with the old people! we'll have plenty of coke and ensure!

__

This morning's charts are putting Frances hitting land at Melbourne at 8 pm, Saturday. For those of you who don't know the FL landscape, that puts both Skydive Space Center and Sebastian very close to the eye of the storm if it happens to veer north or south a little.

Gulp.

I'll take earthquakes, mudslides and wild fires... they don't scare me. Hurricanes hitting land within 20 miles of my house scares me.

Guess I better start packing the important shit into the car now...

Gulp.

Guess I better start packing the important shit into the car now...

Good idea.. WAY too many people want to hang out and have Hurricane Parties....

The best place to be when one of those things comes to visit is as far away as you can possibly get. preferably someplace where trees cant fall on you or your car.. and where a storm surge cant get you... like about at least 50 ft above Sea Level..( Ok so I like a margin of error for a REALLLY big wave) ( up around Gainesville to Tallahassee is a good start)

I was thinking a road trip would be in order but I saw one forecast that has it headed for the carolinas (again) and Texas is just a little far for the weekend.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Just read it could go anywhere from the Carolinas to New Orleans. If anyone needs to get away from the East Coast I've got some room. Unless of course it heads northwest south of the lake than I may be knocking on some doors or camped out with the old people with Stacy.