just_sky

Mirage G4 for Crossfire-2 139 & PD Optimum 143

Hello everybody!

I'm considering to buy a new rig soon and this time I've decided in favour of Mirage G4 with a Crossfire-2 139 and a PD-143 reserve.
Now my dilemma is to choose a right size container. On the manufacturer's web page (i.e. miragesys.com) one of the customer's feedbacks left there says that choosing the above combination with a MO-size container requires an extremely tight packjob.
Does anybody has or had an experience or can suggest the right sizing combination to choose?
Generally, I prefer quite tight packing (it also allows you later on to downsize), but how to know what's "extremely tight" and simply "tight"?

Your comments / suggestions are appreciated :)
Cheers!

>but how to know what's "extremely tight" and simply "tight"?

Tight is a pain in the butt to pack. Extremely tight means you will probably not be able to close it in dry weather.

From the chart, a PD-143 will not fit at all.

If you go with an Optimum 143, that reserve is listed as "extremely tight." Your rigger may not be able to close this at all in dry climates without exceeding the length limits on the closing loop. (And exceeding the closing loop length limit can be dangerous; it may slow down reserve deployments under certain conditions.)

For your canopies (a PD-143 and a XF2-139) an M1 would seem to be ideal. Both canopies are listed as "optimal." Going with the manufacturer's recommendations would seem like a better bet.

(BTW I have a G4 M1Z with an XF2-109 and a PD-143; both are listed as 'optimal' on the website. They are pretty tight, though; upsizing on either one would be a problem. It would be no problem to go down a size on either canopy.)

I have an M1 with a vengeance 120 and a tempo 150 reserve.
The vengeance 120 is listed as soft on both the m0 and the m1, though I don't think this is completely correct. In my m1, the vengeance 120 i would say is optimal size. As for the reserve, I can't comment.

My best advice would be to call up the manufacturer and ask them what size container to get. Thats what I did. If I hadn't I would have been very disappointed.

Hello everybody!

I'm considering to buy a new rig soon and this time I've decided in favour of Mirage G4 with a Crossfire-2 139 and a PD-143 reserve.
Now my dilemma is to choose a right size container. On the manufacturer's web page (i.e. miragesys.com) one of the customer's feedbacks left there says that choosing the above combination with a MO-size container requires an extremely tight packjob.
Does anybody has or had an experience or can suggest the right sizing combination to choose?
Generally, I prefer quite tight packing (it also allows you later on to downsize), but how to know what's "extremely tight" and simply "tight"?

Your comments / suggestions are appreciated :)
Cheers!

M1 for PD143/C2 139

MO/MOS for Optimum 143/C2 139

Mike
ChutingStar.com

I put ~500 jumps on a XF2 139 with a PDR143 in a G4 M1 - fit was perfect. I have subsequently put ~300 on a XF2 129 in the same rig which was fine. I have just stuck a Velo 111 in there (not jumped it yet) which looks OK but a little on the soft side. I wouldn't go smaller than that in it...