fendor1369

OPTIMA II

At the moment I am jumping an altitrack altemeter. It is a great pice of gear, but I wanted an audio/light warning system as a backup/secondary so I bought the optima II. Has anyone use one? I hope I made a good buy.

John
John - D.S 1313

"I'll jump it, Np. It's all good"

Got mine about 15 jumps ago, no complaints so far. It is really nice that you pretty much never have to turn it off, it goes into a type of hibernation to save battery life, basically, you'll never have to turn it on or off ever until the battery dies.
Zoo Crew

HEres the thing. Did you buy he optima 2 with the port that you have to request?
When a dealer buys an optima 2, they get sent an optima 2, but if they want an optima 2 for the LED they must request it.
Also it is not waterproof like the standard optima 2.
So if you just purchased it online, you might want to find out from the gear store before they send it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

HEres the thing. Did you buy he optima 2 with the port that you have to request?
When a dealer buys an optima 2, they get sent an optima 2, but if they want an optima 2 for the LED they must request it.
So if you just purchased it online, you might want to find out from the gear store before they send it.

Are you sure about that? Cause mine comes with LED port and it is water resistant.

To OP: for me is working great. So far reliable, its small, accurate and price is reasonable.

On top L&B have great costumer service.

Are you sure about that? Cause mine comes with LED port and it is water resistant.

From the L&B website:

"Hail the return of the visual warning light for audible altimeters! L&B has made the ability to increase your altitude awareness by adding a visual LED port to warn you at the altitudes you set. (by special order)"

I see they are listed as water resistant but I didn't see any mention of them being waterproof. Big difference.

To OP: for me is working great. So far reliable, its small, accurate and price is reasonable.

According to Mads at L&B the Optima II with the LED port will be available in January 2010. It will be approximately a $50 option. So I don't think it's available yet. None of our Optima II units we have here have them. The original Optima did, but we've sold out of those. We do have the Optima II with LED port on order.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

According to Mads at L&B the Optima II with the LED port will be available in January 2010. It will be approximately a $50 option. So I don't think it's available yet. None of our Optima II units we have here have them. The original Optima did, but we've sold out of those. We do have the Optima II with LED port on order.

Mike

Then its just an empty hole [:/]

I meant water resistant, seems i may be wrong.

However it is a special order

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I have one siting right here mate.
It arrived a day ago and only available to them to ship like on Tuesday or something.

Hmmm...I'll call Mads again. Maybe he wasn't expecting them until January but they finished it up early. We have 10 on order...so maybe it'll be an early Christmas present. ;)

Mike
ChutingStar.com

I have one siting right here mate.
It arrived a day ago and only available to them to ship like on Tuesday or something.

Ah, Mads says you have a pre-production unit. They do have a few they are sending out...and I now have a couple coming early as well. B|

But the "real" production of them won't start until January. Also sounds like a price increase is on the way in January for all L&B products due to the weak USD.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

OK, didnt know that, just thought he got them early.

Can I take that post back :P

I tell you what. Customers think they get good service from LandB, they have no idea what good service is. LandB are the leaders of the pack.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store