mcordell

Vector I reserve packing

I need the Vector I packing manual. I have the wonderhog and vector II manuals, but of course the vector I closing sequence is different in regards to the top and bottom flap sequence. I looked on various sources such as upt's website and parachutemanuals.com but cannot seem to find it. I also searched the forums and could not find anyone else looking for it that got a solution. Anyone know where I can get a copy?
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

The only significant difference between Vector I and Vector II is the last two flaps.

Vector I closes the bottom flap first, with the top flap last.

Vector II closes the top flap first and finishes with the bottom flap last. This allows the little pocket on the bottom flap to protect the ripcord pin better.

The only other difference is the reserve pilot chute, but Vector I pilot chutes fell out of fashion so many decades ago - due to weak springs - that I have not been asked to pack one in the last decade.

Fortunately, Vector II pilot chutes are a simple drop-in update.

The only other difference is the reserve pilot chute, but Vector I pilot chutes fell out of fashion so many decades ago - due to weak springs - that I have not been asked to pack one in the last decade.

Fortunately, Vector II pilot chutes are a simple drop-in update.

Fortunately I have a vector I that only had about 5 or 6 reserve packs before it was tucked away. The velcro is in outstanding condition and the vector I pilot chute still measures 25 pounds so I don't have to replace it yet. The only problem with it was that the harness was designed for someone much smaller so I had the harness replaced. It's ready to be packed up now as my second rig. I called UPT and spoke with pablito in the rigging loft. He seemed stunned that I had asked for a vector I manual and is supposed to be getting it digitized now so that it can be put on the site. I have looked everywhere else with no luck so if anyone has a copy they can send me via e-mail or whatever I would greatly appreciate it.

I need the Vector I packing manual. I have the wonderhog and vector II manuals, but of course the vector I closing sequence is different in regards to the top and bottom flap sequence. I looked on various sources such as upt's website and parachutemanuals.com but cannot seem to find it. I also searched the forums and could not find anyone else looking for it that got a solution. Anyone know where I can get a copy?

I have a Wonderhog Vector manual in PDF. It's dated Sept 6, 1983. I think this is what you may be looking for. It's too large to upload here so anybody who wants a copy PM me your e-mail and I'll send it.

and the vector I pilot chute still measures 25 pounds so I don't have to replace it yet. The only problem with it was that the harness was designed for someone much smaller so I had the harness replaced.

You had the harness replaced on a Vector I?:S Seems like putting the money the wrong place to me. That may have cost.more than an excellent condition Vector II. And while replacement of Vector I reserve PC's was never legally mandatory many riggers, including.myself, wouldn't and.wont.pack an original Vector PC. Change it.

I hesitate to.ask what reserve is on this.[:/]
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

The vector was my mother's rig. She died before I ever got the chance to jump with her. I had the harness replaced so I could jump her gear since it was sized too small for me. I have replaced the pc since I posted that. I have a raven I reserve in it but it is relegated to my 3rd rig and I rarely jump it. It is a safe and we'll maintained rig. If anyone needs the manual pm me.