skymama

Hurricane Ivan

Man! I can't believe people actually choose to live in FL. When we get bad weather here, at least we don't have to leave our homes.

I hate living in FL but I want to raise my kids around family members and I can't get them to move!

Really? I hated living FL also
That is why I live in TX now.
What is your reason for disliking FL?

What is your reason for disliking FL?

The climate mostly. It's so depressing to me to have the heat and humidity start in March and not end until November. I would like to live someplace where the seasons actually change. I like looking at and being surrounded by mountains and big, full trees so much more than beaches and palm trees. I haven't even been to the beach yet this year, it's totally wasted on me! And I hate having to wear shorts all the time. Winter clothes are so much cuter!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Edit to add: By the way, this hurricane season has sucked ass. Global warming, possibly?

Hurricane seasons seem to have cycles too - 25 'good years' followed by 25 'bad years'. We're about 8 - 10 years into the "bad 25 years" ... something about strong/weak thermohaline circulation.

You know hurricanes used to only be given female names? The names for this year:
Alex
Bonnie
Charley
Danielle
Earl
Frances
Gaston
Hermine
Ivan
Jeanne
Karl
Lisa
Matthew
Nicole
Otto
Paula
Richard
Shary
Tomas
Virginie
Walter
---

And there's your useless bit of hurricane trivia.

I get to be one this year. Wow, not sure if that is a compliment or not but I guess they ran out of cool names.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

When we get bad weather here, at least we don't have to leave our homes.

That is good we don't have to leave; cause we can't. It's too f-in cold; a person would freeze to death when the weather gets bad here.:S

Give me a good old fashion hurricane/tropical storm anyday. At least you don't have to go to work when the storm hits. Here, no one gives a sh*t if it snowed 24" last night; best not be late for work.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Give me a good old fashion hurricane/tropical storm anyday. At least you don't have to go to work when the storm hits. Here, no one gives a sh*t if it snowed 24" last night; best not be late for work

sorry erica-sweet, but you are so cute & funny :D :D!!!

i couldn't imagine going to work after it's snowed that much! gosh, if i lived there, i would NOT have a job because that is just freaking C-O-L-D!! only if i worked on the slopes as a ski/snowboard-instructor would i look forward to that much snow :P!

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Yeah, if we got 24" of snow here in central Texas, I doubt anyone would go to work for a week.

Damn, the flacid penis of American is gonna get blown again. That's not cool, hopefully this will be the last one.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I totally agree with you. Too bad FL has both hurricanes & tornadoes. At least the tonadoes up here tend to be bigger & trackable (well for the 2 - 15 mintutes they're active anyway).

Mel, it can totally suck here in Chicago area. It gets blooming cold - but the slopes are nothing to even think of. Typically the fake snow just freezes & so the skiing is horrid.
It's so dang cold some people have to start their cars 30 minutes before they expect to need to drive them. That doesn't even start to talk about shoveling the snow that the plow pushed up behind your car outta the way.

My mom (in FL) was complaining about tripping over the sand bags around here doors for the past month - I'd rather trip over that then the nasty melted ice pu that stains the carpet & the shoes filling the hall way.

Why am I here again - dang I must love my man:D.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

I would like to live someplace where the seasons actually change.

I hear Maine is nice.

California sucks. Trust me. Having no fun here at all. Really. Just monotonous loads of skydivers, one after another.
:)

Hope you all get better luck in FL.....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

California sucks. Trust me. Having no fun here at all. Really. Just monotonous loads of skydivers, one after another.

What about the mudslides, wildfires, earthquakes and liberals?

:P:P

Edit to add: By the way, this hurricane season has sucked ass. Global warming, possibly?

Hurricane seasons seem to have cycles too - 25 'good years' followed by 25 'bad years'. We're about 8 - 10 years into the "bad 25 years" ... something about strong/weak thermohaline circulation.

You know hurricanes used to only be given female names? The names for this year:
Alex
Bonnie
Charley
Danielle
Earl
Frances
Gaston
Hermine
Ivan
Jeanne
Karl
Lisa
Matthew
Nicole
Otto
Paula
Richard
Shary
Tomas
Virginie
Walter
---

And there's your useless bit of hurricane trivia.

This is the one everybody needs to watch out for:)

What about the mudslides,

Yeah, it's tough, but they're a pretty good tasting drink if your bartender knows what they're doing.

wildfires,

Makes pretty sunsets.

earthquakes

Free massages? Sucks when it makes you spill your mudslide. Haven't felt one since 95' myself.

and liberals?

Where? I think you get bonus points for picking them off........
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Yup, and a little rain wouldn't stop us from going to work either!

The rain doesn't stop us. It's the high winds making it difficult to drive and no electricity that kind of slows us down from getting much done.

New report...The Keys are already under an evacuation order. [:/]
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

New report...The Keys are already under an evacuation order.

People came back already from the last one?

Man that would piss me off, leave the state, come back and have to leave again. The travel alone would make me mad, not just the fear of loosing everything due to nature being pissed off.

I still think tornados are scarier than hurricanes.

At least with a hurricane you have time to prepare/run.

Back in the day, htat was true, but not so much now. With advanced radar and computers, meteorlogists can give you fro 5-30 minutes warning about a tornado, And honestly, if you knowingly live in tornado alley and don't have valid shelter wihtin about five minutes, then maybe you need to let natural selection take its course.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

What about the mudslides, wildfires, earthquakes?

I'll take any and all of the above over a hurricane that's aimed directly at my house and business.

At least with earthquakes and mudslides you don't have "worry time" before or after - you don't know it's coming and you know pretty quickly afterwards if you're fucked or not. Wildfires are kinda scary if you live in a rural area, but again there's less worry time before and after.

Hurricanes are just wrong.

If I have to run from Ivan I think I'm running west. Way west. ;)