skymama

Hurricane Ivan

Thank you so much for correcting that. We still have a few people w/o power so I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate it either. I'm sure TX won't mind a little rain, or it cound go to Mexico since every time I've been there it was extremely dry.

Too bad what we'd like will always hurt someone else. [:/]

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

The good news is it will probably be a cat 1 by the time it gets to GA.

Anyway, I can't believe I lucked out... again. There was actually a full evacuation order two days ago down here in the keys, and I'm still here, along with a few other crazy locals. I didn't see a reason to leave 3 days before the hurricane arrives, when the projected path is only a guess. No premature evacuation for me ;)

Keep going west Ivan.

Mark,

OMG, I was wondering how you were and where you were. Glad to hear you are ok and that it is going to miss you. Don't you want to take a vacation away from paradise yet?:D

Take Care,
Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

The good news is it will probably be a cat 1 by the time it gets to GA.

Anyway, I can't believe I lucked out... again. There was actually a full evacuation order two days ago down here in the keys, and I'm still here, along with a few other crazy locals. I didn't see a reason to leave 3 days before the hurricane arrives, when the projected path is only a guess. No premature evacuation for me ;)

Keep going west Ivan.

I always knew you were nuts Mark. Good to hear you are still in one piece!

You are talking about 95% of the population of the alley then. Most of those with protection down here at the south end are from out of town. It is like anyting else, it has to hit home first or be so scary that you freak just thinking about it. I have lived in various parts of the alley for most of my life and never seen a tornado yet many have been very near. I have interior closets and bathrooms, why do I need a secial shelter?

I can only speak from my experince beig raised in OK, but from an early age, we were taught how to read the weather and how to find shelter against tornados, it was a universal thing we heard it at home, church and school.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Here in Mobile..everyone is going NUTZ! The stores are getting low or are out of batteries, bottled water, shelf stable foodstuffs, plywood, generators, etc. People are driving faster than normal and with much less patience. Anxiety is building..[:/]

looks like missippi is getting under the gun. not to worried about during the storm it just the BS that happens aftrer wards.if ya dont hear from me after wars i'll get in contact asap.

latest computer models

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200409_model.html
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

i spoke with a friend today who does construction and all of their plywood was stolen from the job site, then they went to Lowes to get more, and when he went back in to get some fasteners, some YAHOO stole the plywood right out of the back of his truck!>:( I can't believe at a time like this that people can be so ruthless.[:/]

really under the gun now brothers now gonna be at the emergency command in new orleans. and my roomate is doing the prep at the station for 24/7 news. also looking to escape as far north as memphis.
this fuckin sucks. good thing is i always have a hurricane kit ready.
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

I live in Pensacola and as soon as I get off work today my sister and I are out of here! We decided it was a good excuse for a road trip. I hope everything here fares ok! There is still no telling where that thing will hit!

Stay safe and I hope somebody has blue skies,
Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

Hey Danielle..glad to hear that you and your sis have evac plans. Talked to Ducky yesterday and he's planning to stay:( even though Perdido Key has mandatory evac. Most of my parents neighbors here in Mobile are heading up to Memphis, but my dad insists on boarding up and riding this out. We're getting my 90 yr old grandparents tonight because of risk of flooding. They're directly ON Mobile Bay.
Safe travels.

Oh my goodness! You guys be careful. We are headed north, we figure if it follows us we'll just change our route as we go. Now I'm just ready to get going. I think that my boss is going to let us go at noon. Hopefully the traffic won't be too bad, we'll see.

Well, I hope you guys fare well! I know riding it out should be exciting!

God Bless,
Danielle

Hmmmm....Charley came to Florida when you were here and now you're in Mobile and Ivan is going that way. Then again, Frances skipped your area completely. Seems like the male hurricanes are following you around! What power you have! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Since I have a mobile home, how much time do I have to pull it to Pensacola?

My van is giving me a lot of problems this year. In both hurricanes the thought crossed my mind to park it by the biggest and weakest looking tree I could find!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah, I just talked to a guy that said the same thing about his truck!:D

RkyMtnHigh: Hey, I just looked at the new track and it keeps moving more your way. You guys stay safe!

I really hope this storm dies down some before it hits land!

Since I have a mobile home, how much time do I have to pull it to Pensacola?

My van is giving me a lot of problems this year. In both hurricanes the thought crossed my mind to park it by the biggest and weakest looking tree I could find!

Park it next to your clothes dryer. Dryer fire. New van and new appliances. Of course, your dryer has to be in a shed next to the driveway like my buddys was. :)

Hmmmm....Charley came to Florida when you were here and now you're in Mobile and Ivan is going that way. Then again, Frances skipped your area completely. Seems like the male hurricanes are following you around! What power you have! ;)

Okay THIS is a time when I don't want a "magnetic personality":o
We're all boarded up, it's pitch dark in this house, everything that could be "torpedos" have been moved. Now I'm just catching up on lil tasks that require electricity in anticipation that we'll be out in 24 hours.

I am thinking my mom and I are going to be the only crazy people to be heading south towards Florida today. My brother's wife evacuated to Texas without him because he is in the military and they hadn't given a evacuation notice until this morning. He is without a car so my mom and I are driving down to the Destin/Fort Walton area to pick him up.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102