skymama

Hurricane Ivan

The track I saw this morning changed Ivan from going into the Gulf to going over FL again. It's not looking good. B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The track I saw this morning changed Ivan from going into the Gulf to going over FL again. It's not looking good. B|

I also heard on the radio this morning that he/it is now a cat 5 hurricane.

Hold on down there. Hold on tight. [:/]
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

For the record, I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT!!!!, they just named the hurricane after me. :):P

I don't know about that, the chaser planes have picked up strange transmissions from the storm that may be post whoring;)
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I saw it too. Central FL has taken a beating this year. Not good at all.

I just talked to a friend in Deland. He said he's supposed to get power back around Tuesday. That's when Ivan might be here again. I feel so sorry for the people in that area.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Sorry to make light of the destruction. I know several people in Florida and they are taking a beating.

But anyway.....Damned weather, I guess my Vector will take even longer to get now [:/]

Just had to throw that in there for VectorMark and Egon. Of course by the time they get power again, it will be burried in the posts.

Todd

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

Edit to add: By the way, this hurricane season has sucked ass. Global warming, possibly?

Hurricane seasons seem to have cycles too - 25 'good years' followed by 25 'bad years'. We're about 8 - 10 years into the "bad 25 years" ... something about strong/weak thermohaline circulation.

You know hurricanes used to only be given female names? The names for this year:
Alex
Bonnie
Charley
Danielle
Earl
Frances
Gaston
Hermine
Ivan
Jeanne
Karl
Lisa
Matthew
Nicole
Otto
Paula
Richard
Shary
Tomas
Virginie
Walter
---

And there's your useless bit of hurricane trivia.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I just hope the MREs and wind up radio/light I ordered get to me before it hits.

I got so sick of canned salmon and tuna during Frances and I forgot to buy a battery powered radio before it hit. I ended up putting my clock radio on my computer's UPS supply so I could hear the emergency reports.

Bwahahaha....

Im hoping for you guys this fucker goes to sleep...and doesnt make land fall.

I can be hopeful.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I also heard on the radio this morning that he/it is now a cat 5 hurricane.

According to the British Parachute Association it's cleared to do 15 second delays ;)

From the BPA operations manual:

Category 5

Has demonstrated the ability to perform two consecutive stable delayed openings of ten seconds, maintaining a heading and counting throughout.

Go you big red fire engine

I'm new to FL. Is it normally this bad?

No! I don't think the same area has ever been hit by hurricanes 3 times in 6 weeks before. Usually they go off in other directions and one will hit us, one the Carolinas, one in Texas, etc. This is really weird.

Man! I can't believe people actually choose to live in FL. When we get bad weather here, at least we don't have to leave our homes.

I hate living in FL but I want to raise my kids around family members and I can't get them to move!

Look, Andrea can be a Hurricane in 2007

Oh my gosh, I didn't know that! Sniff...it brings a tear to my eye, I'm so proud. :ph34r: