metalslug

Is the Swooping and Canopy Control forum more entertaining than the Bonfire ?

Oh man, I've just finished reading some of the locked threads in the Swooping and Canopy Control
forum and my sides are hurting from laughing so much.

Alright, I do understand that canopy control is a seriously important topic, considering that canopy mistakes account for the bulk of fatalities, but watching those guys go at each other over the laws of aerodynamics, pots and kettles calling each other 'black', people opening their mouths to swap feet, and who is better than who on performing stunts X, Y and Z... there's something pretty funny in all of that. Maybe its the nostalgia of my schoolyard youth.

:D:D:D

Can I just say that I TOTALLY AGREE with you?!

Nothing is more entertaining to me than the duo of Treejumps and Steel.

They are a classic comedy team and should be recognized as such. There are many gems on this board...:D

I thought I'd get in trouble for admitting how much I loved those threads and how bummed I am everytime one gets locked! :)

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

Its like the skydiver's version of The Jerry Springer Show, aint it? lol

Ha ha ha ha:)
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

LOL ... I guess I was one of the guilty people talking about aerodynamics the other night and I have only three things to say about that:

1) Some of us are pretty passionate when it comes to flight.

2) I was drunk (too much Te-Kill-Ya in the system) and felt a little combative. :S

3) I was primarily responding to Steel's claims that a canopy always stalls at the same finite point every time whereas I was saying that a wing can stall at any airspeed and at any attitude and flight in general let alone stalls is a very much dynamic thing-a-ma-bob. Personally I'd like to know why the FJCs don't spend the time on basic aerodynamics and how they relate to canopy flight (it's amazing how many people don't know it). But that's for another day.

If you're really looking for Entertainment, then hang out in the Speakers Forum. Sometimes I can be seen posting in there as well, but hopefully I'm not considered a regular.

Back to your regular scheduled programming. Post Whore to your heart's contempt.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

JC is one cool cat for those who are ever so lucky to meet him and talk to him and why should someone like Bruno be upset and/or surprised that JC recently set a swooping distance record (and yes I'm sure JC has had his share of crashes, but he's also one hell of a good canopy pilot because of it).

Hmmm ... how long will it take before a Greenie moves this thread into the canopy forum or better yet, the Speakers forum. Maybe I should just bug out of here and do some work. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

:D:D:D

Can I just say that I TOTALLY AGREE with you?!

Nothing is more entertaining to me than the duo of Treejumps and Steel.

They are a classic comedy team and should be recognized as such. There are many gems on this board...:D

I thought I'd get in trouble for admitting how much I loved those threads and how bummed I am everytime one gets locked! :)

Hell yeah.. the arguments and put-downs are just as passionate if not more than in the speakers forum and it's about shit we care about.. :D;)B|:ph34r:
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures