baconwings

problems with optima case?

You're right. I had to exchange my optima with a new one a couple of years ago. The one I have now is also showing some crakings on the box and window screen !!! which I will have to exchange again !!! !:(
Does the new optima come with a stronger case? not sure, Too bad because this is a very reliable instrument.

You should call L&B about this. I bought a Viso and had a problem with the case cracking. Mads Larsen told me they had a problem with the molding process and that they would replace it free of charge. They actually sent me the Viso II which is the new version with the ruggedized, rubberized housing. I don't see any way this one will crack. Perhaps they have made some improvement to the optima. I haven't had any problems with my optima cracking at all.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

To follow-up I bought a new optima just as they were coming up and have the same case slightly cracked issue. It's worked fine for years but based on someone seeing this thread over the weekend I emailed L&B and they instantly replied and took care of the issue.

A++ on customer service.
-Patrick