Smitty23

Closing Sequence

I have just bought my first rig and the container is a Javelin - date of manufacture '97. Now, I learnt to pack on a TSE Zerox and the closing sequence (as the closing loop is on on the bottom flap) is - bottom flap, top, right then left. On my Javelin the closing loop is at the top near the bottom of the reserve tray and so is a bit of a pain in the arse to pack if using the closing sequence mentioned above. Therefore, when I packed it the other day I had to go top, bottom, right then left. Is that right? I haven't had chance to ask anyone at my DZ as I haven't been up in a couple of weeks. It packed fine but I want to just make sure that is the correct closing sequence. Nice one.

:o Perfect example of why there's no such thing as idiot-proof! Also a good example of why you should ask experienced people or riggers when you don't know what you're doing, try to remember that your gear saves your life on every jump.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

That's great. Thanks for that. So the closing loop goes OVER the bag and through the bottom flap! I was putting it under the bloody bag and then through the bottom flap, so when you pulled the closing loop it would pull the bag up as well!:S Thanks again.

Did you actually jump it like that?

Pull out or BOC system?

The sequence is different.

BOC = BTLR
Pullout = BTRL

JC

Not true in all cases, I have an Icon that is Big Tittied Russian Ladies. And it is BOC

edit: regardless I try not to pull any of the flaps underneath the bag!
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."